Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any potential problem with sticking to 8.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any potential problem with sticking to 8.0?

Will the performance of the old version 8.0 be affected by the introduction of the new 10.0? Other than the new features introduced in the new version, how does the new version compare with the old one in term of speed of performing existing functions/features/tasks. I am trying to make a decision on whether to switch to Esignal 10. Since version 8.0 works fine except having the problem with bar configuration of irregular intervals, and I am not sure if build 10 will address the problem, I wonder whether sticking with the old version for now is a good idea that may save me trouble of dealing with any potential bugs yet to be fixed in the new build. But I am worried if the changes to be made in the server for build 10 will affect the performance of the old version 8.0. Many thanks.

Re: any potential problem with sticking to 8.0?

Originally posted by Rambo
    Will the performance of the old version 8.0 be affected by the introduction of the new 10.0? Other than the new features introduced in the new version, how does the new version compare with the old one in term of speed of performing existing functions/features/tasks. I am trying to make a decision on whether to switch to Esignal 10. Since version 8.0 works fine except having the problem with bar configuration of irregular intervals, and I am not sure if build 10 will address the problem, I wonder whether sticking with the old version for now is a good idea that may save me trouble of dealing with any potential bugs yet to be fixed in the new build. But I am worried if the changes to be made in the server for build 10 will affect the performance of the old version 8.0. Many thanks.

I'm also curious.. Somebody has an answer?

Comment

Aside from not taking advantage of the new features in 10.0, there's no problem sticking with 8.0 for now. We typically support the current release plus the previous two.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X