inconsistent bar configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inconsistent bar configuration

One more complication appeared today to the mentioned problem in my last posting. After tried different intervals, I noticed that for one and only one intra-day interval, the bar configuration (starting and ending points) is different between current live market and previous days in the same chart. And this difference disappears sometime after market close.

Again, thanks for any help.

This is a problem for the new 10.0 as well

I tried the new 10.0. The reported three problems for non-regular time intervals are present in the new version as well.
    1. two incomplete bars in each of the morning and afternoon session, messing up all the technical indicators.
    2. The starting time in the time template affects the bar configuration, but with no clear pattern as to what is the relationship.
    3. for one intra-day interval, the bar configuration of current live market day is different from previous days.

Comment

problem getting worse with wrong bars

The problem with misconfigured bars has gotten worse. Now even without using my own time templates, the bars for non-regular intervals (e.g. 29 minutes, $NI225-NKI, for both version 8.0 and 10.0) are displayed with wrong and varied intervals.

I understand that this is an old issue related to your grand architecture, which is unlikely to be changed. But it does appear that there is a solution for this that can largely address the issue without making changes to the architecture. First, all the data for previous days are displayed consistently and with the right intervals, with or without using my time templates. Second, for the current day live market data, the problem only happens in the morning. After the close of the morning session, all the data are displayed consistently and with the right intervals, including live market data in the afternoon, with or without using my time templates.

What is needed here is simply to find the irregularity of data feed in the morning, making it consistent with data feed in the afternoon and the feed of historical data.

Could someone with the access, responsibility and an open mind please take another look at the issue?
      Last edited by Rambo; 09-06-2007, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Rambo,

We want to thank you for your patience while we're investigating the inconsistent bar configurations. As The Data Department and Product Management are continuing to look at a workaround and resolution, the biggest obstacle we've encountered is the 90 minute break in trading between the morning and afternoon sessions. This break causes unevenness in the time template as well as a general skewing of the chart. As more information becomes available I’ll post to this thread.

AveryH
        eSignal Support..

Comment

Working...
        X