Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Volume doubled for most recent daily bar (eSignal 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume doubled for most recent daily bar (eSignal 10)

Hello,

When I first downloaded eSignal 10 as a beta version, volume for the most recent day on the daily chart would display correctly. But for the last several days it is displaying double the actual volume for the most recent day (all other days appear to display correctly). If I backfill the data, it then displays the correct volume. I have to backfill for each new symbol I pull up.

I'm not having a problem with intraday intervals, but the most recent bar on the daily chart is doubled.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled eSignal 10 (the 8/27/07 version) several times, to no avail. Any other suggestions? I am using Windows Vista but eSignal 10 was operating just fine initially.

Thanks,
    Jason

Jason,

Could you kindly add which symbols you are referring to in particular? It would further be helpful if you could add a few screen shots so we can easier understand the issue.

Thank you for your collaboration.

Comment

Hello Elmar P,

The daily volume is doubled for every new symbol I try to view. For example, ETFs such as SPY, QQQQ, DIA, IWM are affected. But also stocks such as IBM etc.

I will try to attach a screen shot:
      Attached Files

Comment

And here is the same IBM chart after backfilling. This problem happens for any new symbol I pull up. Once I backfill, I can pull up the same chart later and it will display correctly. But after I close the eSignal application and reopen it, the volume is again doubled for all symbols, and I have to start backfilling each symbol again.

Thanks for any help you can give me to solve this problem,

Jason
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jason,

This does appear to be a bug and has been forwarded to QA. As you noted, you can refresh the chart to get the accurate volume for "today's" daily bar.

Thanks.

Comment

Update: I have uninstalled eSignal 10 completely from the computer than runs Windows Vista, including deleting registry files and all folders related to eSignal. I then restarted the computer, then downloaded eSignal 10 (8/27/07 version), then installed eSignal 10, then restarted the computer. After all this, the volume is still doubled for the most recent bar on all daily charts. This is the case for any symbol I view. Refreshing (backfilling) the chart does correct the volume bar for the most recent day. However, it is a pain to have to refresh for each new symbol I view.

Has an attempt been made to correct this bug? Have eSignal tech support representatives been able to replicate it? Have other Windows Vista users reported similar problems? Is there an estimate as to when this bug might get fixed? I'm very concerned about a statement I read on eSignal's Windows Vista document which states that eSignal is not expected to be fully compatible with Windows Vista until mid-2008. I'm not willing to continue refreshing each new daily chart I view for the next 8 or 10 months, and frankly I'm shocked that it will take a year and a half after Vista's release for eSignal to finally catch up. (The document I'm referring to is here: http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...ticle=3264&p=1 )

One more question: Is it possible to download and install the previous version of eSignal? I had no problems running that version (8.1?) on Windows Vista, but I no longer see a link to it on the download page.

Thanks,
            Jason
            Last edited by aereoplain; 09-08-2007, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Hi Jason,

As noted in the previous post, we did replicate this issue and have forwarded it to our development team. We are planning a maintenance release in roughly 4-6 weeks so I'd expect this problem to be resolved in that upgrade. Doesn't appear to have anything to do with Vista.

If you need 8.0 again, here's a link.

Thanks for the report.

Comment

Working...
              X