Changing Overlay Order of Merged Studies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Overlay Order of Merged Studies

Hello, I had a question about Merged Studies.

How can I change the order of the merged studies so that I can specify which study appears on top of the other?

For example, I have a Volume study and a MACD study plotted in the same pane. However, my MACD line appears behind my Volume bars, and I would like to have my MACD line appear on top of my Volume bars.

Also, I am using eSignal 10.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

sprtrader
    First you need to Un-Merge the studies. Then merge them again keeping in mind that the pane that you drag on to another pane will be placed behind.
    In your case drag the Volume study on to the MACD study and the latter will be on top.
    Alex

Originally posted by sprtrader
    Hello, I had a question about Merged Studies.

How can I change the order of the merged studies so that I can specify which study appears on top of the other?

For example, I have a Volume study and a MACD study plotted in the same pane. However, my MACD line appears behind my Volume bars, and I would like to have my MACD line appear on top of my Volume bars.

Also, I am using eSignal 10.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Alex,

thanks for the quick reply, and thanks for the suggestion.

I just tried that, but my MACD line is still behind my Volume.

would there be any other settings I would need to change?

thanks again.

Comment

sprtrader
        I just tried it on eSignal 8.0 and 10.0 and in both cases the MACD, Signal and Histogram all plot above Volume (see enclosed screenshot taken using eSignal 10.0). You may want to try merging the studies again.
        Alex

Hi Alex,

thanks for the quick reply, and thanks for the suggestion.

I just tried that, but my MACD line is still behind my Volume.

would there be any other settings I would need to change?

thanks again.

Comment

Hi Alex,

thanks again for replying.

I tried merging the studies again, but I am still getting the same results.

I also forgot to mention that my MACD study is a custom EFS study, not the Basic MACD study.

Could that be the cause of the problem?

thanks again.

p.s. I just tried merging another EFS MACD study ( one supplied by eSignal ) with my basic Volume study, and I am still getting the same results.

Perhaps, then, that EFS studies are plotted behind Basic studies?

In prior versions, I don't believe this was the case, as I have seen screenshots where EFS studies are plotted above the Volume study.
          Last edited by sprtrader; 09-01-2007, 10:16 AM.

Comment

this is just to follow-up.

I have been experimenting more with this and here's what I have found.

When merging 2 Basic Studies or 2 Custom EFS studies, I can specify the overlay order using the method described by Alex.

It is when I try merging a Basic Study with a Custom EFS study when I run into the problem. It seems the Basic Study is always placed on top of the EFS study.

Perhaps this is a bug in eSignal 10? I don't believe I had this issue in prior versions.

Also, how would I be able to switch back to eSignal 8?

thanks.

Comment

sprtrader
              I can replicate the behavior you are seeing when merging the MACD [or any other] efs with a Basic study. In this case the Basic study is always placed on top. This is different from what occurrs in prior versions of eSignal.
              While waiting for this to be resolved the workaround is to use the efs version of the Volume [or other] study as this allows to maintain control of the order of the merged panes
              Alex

Hi Alex,

thanks again for replying.

I tried merging the studies again, but I am still getting the same results.

I also forgot to mention that my MACD study is a custom EFS study, not the Basic MACD study.

Could that be the cause of the problem?

thanks again.

p.s. I just tried merging another EFS MACD study ( one supplied by eSignal ) with my basic Volume study, and I am still getting the same results.

Perhaps, then, that EFS studies are plotted behind Basic studies?

In prior versions, I don't believe this was the case, as I have seen screenshots where EFS studies are plotted above the Volume study.

Comment

Hi Alex,

thanks for responding, and thanks for the suggestion.

I think I will switch back to eSignal 8 while this issue waits to be resolved.

thanks again for your help, Alex.

Comment

sprtrader
                  You are most welcome
                  Alex

Comment

Working...
                  X