under expectation ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• under expectation ...

i just installed esignal 10, and i read the " eSignal ยป eSignal 10.0 now available to download!" thread. and i noticed that there is a new time zone setting in preference. and i went to try out the time zone setting how it will turn out.

PROBLEM AGAIN...(as this time)
    1, i changed my windows clock back to my local time.
    2, as soon as i opened es10, i changed the time zone setting to 'exchange', the whole intraday (time template set to 9:30-16:00) chart reset, and all the bar began to show they are all locating at the right time slot.
    3, one thing strange, the vertical day cutoff line is at 12pm.
    4, then i added one of my efs that has getFirstBarIndexOfDay().
    5, problem began appearing right in front of me, which is, the value returned from getFirstBarIndexOfDay() is exactly right on the bar where it sits on the vertical day cutoff line at 12pm, not 9:30am (not even 12am).
    6, then i opened the bar editor, and now, i realizes what the new time zone setting is all about. from bar editor, it looks like all bar data remains using my local time, instead of the exchange time which i have selected earlier. no wonder the day cutoff line is at 12pm.

in conclusion,
    7, bar data remains using user's local time, which is no change from es8
    8, all time-related studies, indicators & efs remains relying on the bar data based on local time, which is no change from es8. and now, i am screwed.
    9, the x(time)-axis may have shifted, but everything else remains unchanged, which is new and looks great, but help???
    10, i have to change my windows clock back to the exchange time zone.

comments, i do not see any difference whether selecting local time or (gmt) greenwich mean time. what if my local time is gmt? why not a "user defined time zone" instead of gmt?

unless there are more settings which i am not noticed, other than that, the new time zone setting is way, way under all my expectations. there has got to be more updates coming, otherwise it will be very difficult for me to use it if the timezone setting cannot be working properly side-by-side with everything else.

Hello dietcoke2000,

The time related functionality of EFS is not yet implemented to reflect the new Date/Time Settings. With 10.0 you will need to use the default local time zone option. If you want to use the other Date/Time options you will need to also set your PC to the corresponding time zone as you did with the 8.0 version.

The time related functionality of EFS will be implemented to the new Date/Time Settings in one of the next versions once that work has been completed.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
    X