Running Esignal on a remote server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Esignal on a remote server

I have a client that is trying to setup a esig on a windows remote server. Every time he tries to do something, esig crashes. I think it may be an issue with the calls to my MENT TS application to fire the orders. Right now I'm trying to isolate the proble.

It appears that when it tries to fire an order, esig crashes. Maybe his firewall or something??

Do any of you have any experiences with this type of issue?
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

More Info..

Windows Server 2003 Std Editions (SP2) OS - is esignal compatible with this OS?

with a Cisco Router/Firewall

Maybe there are issues with the ports or esignal is not compatible with this OS?

The compatibility page for the esignal app shows Windows 2000 and XP. Has esignal been tested on "Server 2003 Std Edition"???

Anybody??
    Brad Matheny

Comment

Hi Doji3333
      There is nothing to preclude the eSignal application from running within the Windows 2003 Server environment, however, this has not been tested and is not a supported operating system. Additionally, the eSignal application is not designed to run as a server application and any attempts to operate the application in this fashion violate current end-user license agreements and exchange policies. That said, the application should run as would normally run on a standard workstation.

For you firewall questions please check out this article from the eSignal Knowledge Base on Firewall and Proxy Server Configurations.

AveryH
      eSIgnal Support

Comment

Thank you. I have advised my client of his situation and am letting him make decisions. I was simply asking because he was asking me if I could help.

I guess without knowing if the OS is a problem or if it's something else, he'll have to devise a backup plan.
        Brad Matheny

Comment

Working...
        X