intraday highs & lows don't highlight in quote window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intraday highs & lows don't highlight in quote window

I have the colors set up and checked "flash cell for intraday highs & lows", but I'm watching highs and lows being set for my symbols and they never get highlighted in the quote window.

I'm using esignal version 10.0.0. Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks.

I have had this problem even before v. 10. I have never had it working in my pages. It would be nice to get this longstanding bug fixed.

Comment

Yea, I had the same problem on previous versions of Esignal with other computers. I thought it'd be fixed by now.

Seems like something simple that should work.

Comment

Hi All,
        This feature was fixed with the release of version 8.
        Where conflicts might be seen is in some cases where the intraday high and the 52 week high are set and both happen simultaneously. But they both still work.

One thing to keep in mind is that the intra day high/low only highlights at the time of the high/low . I have attached a screenshot of the intraday low on IDC, you can see the highlight on the bid price. I have also included a screenshot of the 52 week highs activated on three different symbols.

This is the IDC Intraday Low on the Bid

This is 52 week Highs highlighted in Green

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

I'm using version 10, and it is still broken here. I watch symbols make new highs & lows all day and have yet to see a cell flash on my screen.

Not sure what the problem is, but, as I said, it's broken on more than one computer for me. One is running XP, one Win 2000.

I called support about this a year ago or so, and they told me it was fixed also. It's hard to figure the problem out when customer support doesn't believe the customer.

Comment

Chud,

Can you provide me with more information,
            What are some of the symbols that you're looking at for the Intraday High?

What are the color combinations you've chosen for your quote window?
            Quote Background
            Realtime Line Color
            IntraDay High
            Intraday Low.

If I can duplicate your quote window maybe that will help.

AveryH
            eSignal Supportt

Comment

Avery-

Thanks for your response.

I replicated your quote window format and tried to get your results. I found one stock that was making a new low and was able to see the 'Bid' flash at the low. However, while the issue was making new lows the 'Last' field did not flash. If you look at your example you'll notice that the bid is colored but not last also. I would expect Last to flash, which is pretty common on most other data feeds.

Oddly enough, if I put $TICK as a symbol the 'Last' field does get highlighted as if it were making a new high/low. But I haven't been able to get the Last to flash for an equity or future.

By the way. the quote window shows a 52 week high and low for $TICK (an incorrect one at that, I believe) but not an intraday high/low.

Comment

Avery,

Thanks for the help on this thread. It'd be great if I could get this working.

Some symbols I'm watching: AAPL, CROX, TNH, ISRG, BIDU, BCSI, GRMN, DRYS, AMZN, MA.

The Last field is what I watch. If I put Bid/Ask fields up, I will see high & low in those fields, but I don't watch bid/ask in my usual quote window. Last is the field that never shows a high or low for the symbols on my lists.

Quote Background = black
                Realtime line color = gray
                Intraday High = Green
                Intraday Low = Pink

I've changed the colors around though, and really don't think that's the issue. I get the same behavior as buhrmaster with the $TICK symbol. $TICK shows an intraday high or low every tick erroneously.

Originally posted by ahodgee
                Chud,

Can you provide me with more information,
                What are some of the symbols that you're looking at for the Intraday High?

What are the color combinations you've chosen for your quote window?
                Quote Background
                Realtime Line Color
                IntraDay High
                Intraday Low.

If I can duplicate your quote window maybe that will help.

AveryH
                eSignal Supportt

Comment

One last item please go into the colors dialog
                  (Quote Options --> Colors and confirm the following settings

Flash Cells with Intraday High/Low Occurs (Checked)
                  Flash Cells when 52 Week High/Low Occurs (Unchecked)

As previously mentioned this does cause conflict and the 52 week high will override the setting for the Intraday.

AveryH
                  eSignal Support

Comment

Hey Buhrmaster,
                    Thanks, I'll have to get more information on the $TICK and how it flags are set so we know why it's displaying

On your note about the new lows; I have not yet come across one where the last has not flashed. In my example the last was actually .03 higher the then the intraday Low. Until we get this resolved for everyone I'll keep looking . I'll also try and capture some other symbols as well.

Thanks for the post

AveryH
                    eSignal Support

Comment

That's how mine has been set. Intraday checked. 52 Week unchecked.

Originally posted by ahodgee
                      One last item please go into the colors dialog
                      (Quote Options --> Colors and confirm the following settings

Flash Cells with Intraday High/Low Occurs (Checked)
                      Flash Cells when 52 Week High/Low Occurs (Unchecked)

As previously mentioned this does cause conflict and the 52 week high will override the setting for the Intraday.

AveryH
                      eSignal Support

Comment

Chud,
                        I have setup my quote window to match your as far as colors and at market open in the morning we'll start watching and capturing if the feature is working correctly.

If you have some other symbols you'll be watching other then the ones previously mentioned please let me know and I'll enter those was well.

If you would like a call back so what can compare together please PM your contact information and a time to contact you.

AveryH
                        eSignal Support

Comment

Avery,

Here's a more complete list of what I'll be watching in the morning:

AAPL AGU AMZN ASTI BIDU BOOM CMG CMI CPSL CRDN CROX CTRP DRYS ENR EXM FCSX FFIV FMCN FSLR FWLT GES GLDN GNK GOOG GRMN GROW HANS ICE ILMN ISRG JASO JCG JRJC LDK LVS MA NTRI NYX OMTR POT RIMM RVBD SOLF SPWR TASR TBSI TEX TNH TSL TXI UA VMW YGE ZOLT

I PM'd you my contact information if you need to call.

Comment

Avery,

You find anything more about about this?

Thanks again.

Comment

Hey Chud,
                              I'll talked to our Product Managers and even a couple of developers, we’re at a loss that only the Last Price on equities don't flash when the Intraday highs/Lows are met.

Our TS Supervisor would like to set up a time that we could remote into your system, with the Product Manger present, so that he can possibly see something that you and I may have missed. You can PM me with a time and day which works well for you. We think that setting up the session premarket would be best so as we've seen much of the active happen early in the trading session.

Also, I found out why information on the $TICK’s consistently flashing;
                              Since the $TICK does not track Intraday high or lows each time the data is sent it resets the flag back to 0. So each number would be considered an intraday high or intraday low.

Thanks in advance
                              AveryH
                              eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                              X