Fx daily bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fx daily bars

For forex symbols, the eSignal helpdesk and knowledgebase say that the close is either 17:00 est or 18:00 edt.

I understand that there is no "official" close so these times are fine.

My question/confusion is why do I not get a new daily bar at these times?

The current bar continues to plot until 00:00 edt ( I'm in the edt zone) and a new bar forms. Sooner or later when I restart eSignal, the previous bar will update to conform to the 18:00 close.

If I'm looking for specific candle patterns, this throws everything off, hours after the fact.

Searching through the forums, I see Alex has provided time templates to get various intraday open/closes to match, but I don't see what to do about the daily bars.

Thank you for your help.

Randy

Randy
    That issue which is described in some detail in this post should be resolved with eSignal 10.0
    In the enclosed screenshot you can see that the new daily bar of EUR A0-FX for trade date September 26th is now formed separately and dated 9/26 even though we are still on 9/25
    Alex

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.

I'm running 10.0 and I don't have a new bar on my chart.

I don't know how to attach a screen shot so I attached a file (I think)

I may have something set wrong.

Randy
      Attached Files

Comment

Randy
        I just tried GBP A0-FX (the same symbol you have in your chart) and also in that case I am showing a new bar for trade date 9/26 (see enclosed screenshot)
        I don't have an explanation for this difference at this time but I have sent an inquiry to eSignal's developers and once I have some information I will post it here
        Alex

Comment

For what its worth I got a new bar after switching back and forth between currencies, but as you can see, it started plotting right when I switched to the chart, so it has a different open than your snaapshot.

Thanks again
          Attached Files

Comment

Randy
            What build of eSignal 10.0 are you running? (you can find this info in Help-> About)
            Alex

Comment

Build 858

Comment

Working...
              X