Back-adjusted Continuous Contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back-adjusted Continuous Contracts

Since several weeks I have trouble with back-adjusted Continuous Contracts.

The close of the last week/day will always be shown as 0, which is wrong of course.

This applies to the Bund Future (GB 1!-DT) as well as the ES.

When using a non back-adjusted continuous contract the feature works.

I'm using eSignal 10.0.0, Build 858, but I suspect this bug was already present in eSignal 8.

Many Thanks

Bernd Kuerbs
    Attached Files

??

Nobody else using back-adjusted continuous contracts?

Comment

Bernd
      I use them on some contracts however I have not experienced the issue you are seeing neither when using 10.0 build 859 nor with 8.0 build 782 (see enclosed screenshots captured with both programs). The issue I am seeing is that the date of the current week is incorrect in 8.0 eg 10/20 instead of 10/19 as in 10.0
      What are your rollover settings for the Bund? If you can post the details or an image someone can try to replicate your setup
      Alex

Comment

Hi Alexis,

I just looked at the chart again and guess what? It plotted correctly.

Usually I look at these charts during the weekend and this seems to be the difference: I made the screenshot in my first post on a Saturday.

I have attached my rules for the rollover but I think they don't matter. I got the same (wrong) result for the ES using the standard rollover.

regards

Bernd Kuerbs
        Attached Files

Comment

Bernd
          I just set it up using your rollover settings and it appears to be working fine also at my end. FWIW the settings I was using were only slightly different in the sense that I was not applying a 1 business day positive offset.
          In reading your first post I notice that you are using build 858. You may want to install the latest version which is build 859 that was posted on October 3rd.
          Anyhow I will keep running the continuous Bund using these settings and see if I can replicate the issue you experienced
          Alex

Comment

I have looked at the chart now on several times of the day.

On Sundays the chart shows "0" as closing price.

On workdays before 8:00 CET it shows "0" as close price. After 8:00, the opening time for the Bund future, the correct close is displayed.

I have tried different time templates, one 24hr template and one intraday set to 8:00 till 22:00 CET. The time template seems not to make a difference.

I shutdown my PC every evening and restart in the morning.

Regards

Bernd Kuerbs

Comment

Bernd
              I have been running some tests over the past week and while I have been not been able to consistently replicate the problem you are experiencing I have seen some instances where the current bar displays a Close of 0. At my end this seems to happen while the chart is receiving the data on an initial load. In some instances it remained at 0 even after the chart had completely loaded but then restored the correct Close a few seconds later.
              I have passed this and your information on to eSignal's developers. Note that there should be a maintenance release due some time in the near future so you may want to check if the problem still exists when that is released.
              Alex

Comment

Hi Alexis,

thanks for your tests. I had not noticed your reply until today.

Will check for the maintenance release.

Regards

Bernd Kuerbs

Comment

Bernd
                  You are most welcome
                  Alex

Comment

Working...
                  X