Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Advanced Charts

I have recently upgraded to eSignal v10

Since then, I cannot display daily advanced charts for a great number of symbols.

Note that with Standard Charts everything works just fine.

I attach a snapshot of an example with symbol ML-PAR, but the same is true with many other exchanges.

Please help!
    Gianni
    da Milano

I cannot attach a PNG image I do not know why. The image is 90000 bytes so it should upload
    Last edited by volpotten; 10-13-2007, 02:03 AM.
    Gianni
    da Milano

Comment

Hello,

Seems to work just fine on my 10.0 system.

What happens when you enter the symbol(s) in a quote page? Do you get the current last, high, low, close, etc? If so, then that's a bit strange. I'd ask that you call in when you get a chance and speak to a TS representative to troubleshoot.

If you can NOT get a quote, it could be an entitlement issue. For daily history, Advanced Charts is "smarter" in 10.0 in determining exactly what data should be allowed. Coding for Standard Charting remains "as is" for the most part. If this is the case, you can use Account Maintenance or give us a call to review what services are active on your account.

Thank you.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
        Hello,

Seems to work just fine on my 10.0 system.

What happens when you enter the symbol(s) in a quote page? Do you get the current last, high, low, close, etc? If so, then that's a bit strange. I'd ask that you call in when you get a chance and speak to a TS representative to troubleshoot.

If you can NOT get a quote, it could be an entitlement issue. For daily history, Advanced Charts is "smarter" in 10.0 in determining exactly what data should be allowed. Coding for Standard Charting remains "as is" for the most part. If this is the case, you can use Account Maintenance or give us a call to review what services are active on your account.

Thank you.
        Scott,

when I enter the symbol in a standard chart page I get the chart with no problems whatsoever.

when I enter the symbol in an advanced chart tha chart stays blank and the cursor window displays Req.Sent...

I have checked Account Management I have subscribed to eSignal Premier that has always given me access to end-of-day data.

For example, I can display US futures end of day data but not the Paris exchange. That looks very strange as it has always worked
        Gianni
        da Milano

Comment

So I'm assuming you can NOT get data in a quote window? If that's the case, it's an entitlement issue. Please contact us directly for more assistance.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
            So I'm assuming you can NOT get data in a quote window? If that's the case, it's an entitlement issue. Please contact us directly for more assistance.
            Scott,
            I have just spoken with Tristana, a very kind customer care rep in London that speaks Italian.
            After some trials it looks like with eSignal v10 you should subscribe to end-of-day data for some European Equities.

I have courteously asked her to double check, because:
            1. It would be the first time in my life that I am charged for EOD data (notice EOD, not delayed)
            2. It looks strange that something that I could do (and I still can do) with v8.0 cannot be done with v10.0. Is it an upgrade or a downgrade?
            3. I am paying over $1000 /year to get eSignal Premier. I could pay $295 / year and get eSignal End-of-Day that by definition has any market with no exchange fees

Tristana is checking. Can you please submit this message to eSignal management in order to fix the subject?

Thanks
            Gianni
            da Milano

Comment

We have temporarily adjusted your account so you should be able to get the closing prices as you previously could in Advanced Charts.

Will send you a PM with additional details.

Thanks.

Comment

Thank you very much for the prompt workaround
                Gianni
                da Milano

Comment

Working...
                X