Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory problems? (V 10.0.0 Build 859)

Hi

I am encountering problems when using eSignal on my system. The problems appear to be spontaneous and are usually manifested as missing parts of the application (e.g. i get a different number of options on the context menu when I right click on charts, the options next to the 'X' at the top right of windows are missing). Sometimes the application crashes completely and I get errors like this:

-------------------------------------------------------------
    <<EXCEPTION>>
    Address: 0x005EFF93 ( 6225811 )
    Code: 0xC0000005 ( -1073741819 )
    Continuable: 0x00000000 ( 0 )
    Description: The instruction at "0x
    Dump File: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\Winsig\Log\\OBCBridge_Dump\dump_0.dmp
    ErrorCode: 0xC0000005 ( -1073741819 )
    Module: C:\Program Files\eSignal\Winsig.exe
    ScreenShot: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\TS Support\Winsig\Log\\OBCBridge_Dump\error_0.png
    Thread ID: 0x0000039C ( 924 )
    Time: 14.10.2007 - 11.58.21.484

Instinct would suggest these are memory issues. As well as running eSignal, I also have CQG, Ninja Trader, Excel, IE7, MarketMap and Outlook loaded. I have 3GB of RAM of which about 50% is in use when these applications are loaded. The errors seem to occur more often when the eSignal windows aren't docked (I usually have a minimum of 7 undocked windows loaded). I'm running Windows XP Pro, my CPU is Intel Xeon 2.33.

Any help or advice gratefully received!

Hi baldur,

I can't offer much insight off the bat here but I would ask that you try to send in each eSignal crash report that is generated. Our engineers review the reports periodically looking for patterns and common code errors.

We will have a maintenance release out for 10.0 in a couple weeks and that will be worth trying to see if this particular issue is resolved.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X