Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disconnects

Experiencing wost than lagging.

As the day has progressed things have eventualy ground to a halt.
    charts not loading, the occasional burst of quotes come through,
    I'm getting disconnected from Esignal about once every 3 minutes.

Been using Esignal for about 6 years, never known this before.
    Have an 8 meg line and everything else is working fine..

Are there any known issues today with Esignal servers..?

Many thx
    Last edited by swan; 10-24-2007, 11:25 AM.

LAG & Disconnects

I use a future broker thats directly to the exchanges & eSignal was sometimes 2-10 ticks back.
    But what ya want for a couple a hundred dollars?????
    Service?????? hmmmmm....

Comment

swan,

Please contact our Support Team directly so that we can further investigate this matter:

http://www.esignalcentral.com/suppor...ct/default.asp

There are specific things that can be checked such as the server log which can be helpful in isolating connection related matters. We look forward to hearing from you and resolving your issue.

Thank you,
      Ray P.
      eSignal Support

Comment

Sim and Swan,

Could you have a look at my thread here and tell me if any of what I've described is similar to your issues?

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=24454

If so, then it confirms my suspicions that this may be on eSignal's end and not mine. I have done practically anything a reasonable man who is IT proficient could have and it hasn't gone away.

Comment

Hi All.
          Our Network and QA Departments are investigating this problem. Once more information becomes availabel we will update you.

Swan,
          If your system is diconnecting please take the suggestion of Ray and contact eSignal so that a technician and troubleshoot possible reason for this.

We appreciate your continued patience and understanding while we investigate this.

AveryH
          eSignal Support

Comment

Hi All.
            Our Network and QA Departments are investigating this problem. Once more information becomes available we will update you.

Swan,
            If your system is diconnecting please take the suggestion of Ray and contact eSignal so that a technician and troubleshoot possible reason for this.

We appreciate your continued patience and understanding while we investigate this.

AveryH
            eSignal Support

Comment

Appologies for the delay in replying.

ahodgee.
              Thx for the reply, I have not yet been able to contact support regards the issue I raised.
              I did have cause to contact them about 2 weeks ago.
              EricP assisted me with the problem that my tick and volume charts would not load.

I did need to create a new Page display following instructing to delete various things.

The tick and volume charts then loaded but we never really knew what caused the problem in the first place.
              (Eric was very helpful though thx Eric).

Today was better regards the disconnects but I have had a few in the last hour of the US session.

Anson.

Hello, I have had many instances of Esignal data lagging, say compared to my TT platform. This is over several years.
              For me, I believe it's more to do with the charts not being able to update properly in fast markets. I still get this now.
              Basically the whole Esig platform just freezes up until such time as the fast market period abates and then Esig kind of flashes everything in at once, ie: the chart will back fill for the missing data as of when it froze. (role on multi-threading).
              I have also seen just the Esignal quotes lagging TT, and again it's in faster moves. As you say, there is no consistancy to it.

I can't really add much more.
              I will if I get any further info from support when I'm able to call them.

And look forward to the reply from Network and QA Departments, ahodgee.

Appreciate the feedback and help

swan..

Comment

In our ongoing effort to improve the stability and speed of our network, we’re continually making adjustment and changes to the servers and data lines. Over the weekend changes were made that we hope will alleviate the report of latency of data. We will continue to monitor the data feeds but should you continue to experience latency issues please contact Technical Support.

AveryH
                eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                X