winsig.exe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winsig.exe

Although having been a Esig. customer for several years, I am new to Cent.Forums so I apologize if my question is redundant. My problem is with winsig.exe eating up most of my memory. I use a Pent 4 with 1GB of mem., am on Esig 8.0 build 779, and only access FX usually showing only 4 advanced charts. As I glance at Win Tsk Mgr. right now I see winsig.exe using 92% of CPU. Any suggestions please as it does create a problem?

Re: winsig.exe

Originally posted by rbarron
    Although having been a Esig. customer for several years, I am new to Cent.Forums so I apologize if my question is redundant. My problem is with winsig.exe eating up most of my memory. I use a Pent 4 with 1GB of mem., am on Esig 8.0 build 779, and only access FX usually showing only 4 advanced charts. As I glance at Win Tsk Mgr. right now I see winsig.exe using 92% of CPU. Any suggestions please as it does create a problem?
    Hi rbarron,

The windows task manager reports on memory and cpu is it using 92% of the CPU or memory?

What kind of problems are you seeing?

Believe it or not, 92% CPU utilization means that CPU is actually wating for something to do 8% of the time which isn't necessarily a "problem" but if you are experienceing performance problems then that's a different situation.

The 4 adavnced charts you mentioned, what are the symbols, intervals, how many studies are loaded and what time templates are you using?

One thing to consider is there was a new version/release of eSignal posted a few weeks ago that could possibly resolve any issues you may be experiencing.

Glen
    Glen Demarco
    [email protected]

Comment

winsig.exe

Glen, thank you for your email. Concerning your questions:
      In the example that I have noted winsig.exe was using 92% of the CPU. It is also using a significant amout of the memory as noted in "mem usage" on the windows task mgr.---at least 147MB on a typical session--nothing else comes close.
      The most significant problem that I am having is that winsig is grinding my system to a halt. For example if I wish to check a news release or anything on the net it takes a considerable amount of time with winsig running. It also creates a problem as I access my brokerage account.
      The four charts are CAD, GBPCHF, EUR, and GBPJPY. I use primarily a 15 minute chart. The studies are 3 moving averages, Pivot Point, Momentum, and ADX.
      Yes I have wondered if upgrading to 10 would solve the winsig problem but would rather understand the implications and any possible fixes first. Thank you again for any help or observations--by the way this, even though it is aggravating is not a killer deal for my concerning Esignal. I have tried many chart and data feed companies through the years and Esignal has them all beat.

Comment

Hi RBarron,
        Does your system take up the same amount of resources on different pages/layout?
        Could you please let us know what happens if you use a different layout/page.

The reason I ask it there is a possiblity that maybe one of your charts is corrupt which is slowing down the rest of the system.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

Re: winsig.exe

Originally posted by rbarron
          Glen, thank you for your email. Concerning your questions:
          In the example that I have noted winsig.exe was using 92% of the CPU. It is also using a significant amout of the memory as noted in "mem usage" on the windows task mgr.---at least 147MB on a typical session--nothing else comes close.
          The most significant problem that I am having is that winsig is grinding my system to a halt. For example if I wish to check a news release or anything on the net it takes a considerable amount of time with winsig running. It also creates a problem as I access my brokerage account.
          The four charts are CAD, GBPCHF, EUR, and GBPJPY. I use primarily a 15 minute chart. The studies are 3 moving averages, Pivot Point, Momentum, and ADX.
          Yes I have wondered if upgrading to 10 would solve the winsig problem but would rather understand the implications and any possible fixes first. Thank you again for any help or observations--by the way this, even though it is aggravating is not a killer deal for my concerning Esignal. I have tried many chart and data feed companies through the years and Esignal has them all beat.

Rbarron,

If you system is slowing down significantly then that's definately a problem that shouldn't be happening.

Four 15 minute charts with a few studies loaded should not cause any problem at all.

If you are loading 120 days of data on each chart you can try loading less although it's a long shot that this will resolve the problem.

The moving average, momentum, and ADX studies are standard what Pivot Point study are you using, it's possible there is some problem with the study, perhaps you can post it?

I would try loading one chart with one study at a time watching the CPU utilization to see if you can identify what study is causng the problem.

Every time I upgraded eSignal releases there was never any loss of function, or any other problems that occurred. In fact if you are not using any new functions it's usually 100 % transparent, or else I would have not even suggested you consider it.

Of course, the prudent thing is to reseach the new releases as you suggested, just to play it safe. My guess is that this is may be the only way to resolve the issue and given it only takes a few minutes to upgrade may make sense to try.

Glen
          Glen Demarco
          [email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X