Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of Day marker ?

Hi, I'm using esignal v10 build 859.

How do I get it to draw a vertical line on my 15min chart at the end of each day, eg 24:00 GMT ?

at present I'm placing a vertical line there manually but I'd like esignal to do it automatically like other packages do

thanks

Re: End of Day marker ?

Wiggle
    This would need to be done through an EFS such as the basic example enclosed below (also enclosed is a screenshot showing the script running in an intraday chart of ES Z7).
    In the example the condition looks for a change of date and when it finds one it draws a vertical line from 0 to infinity.
    If you run a search through these forums for the keyword new day marker you should find other scripts that will accomplish the same or similar task and that you can use as examples to write your own
    Alex

PHP Code:
    function preMain(){

setPriceStudy(true);

setShowCursorLabel(false);
    }

function 
    main(){
        if(
    day(0)!=day(-1)){

drawLineRelative(0,0,0,Infinity,PS_SOLID,1,Color.blue,"VertLine"+getCurrentBarCount());

//to draw the line on the last bar of the previous day replace the line above with
            //drawLineRelative(-1,0,-1,Infinity,PS_SOLID,1,Color.blue,"VertLine"+getCurrentBarCount());

}
        return 
    null;

Originally posted by Wiggle
    Hi, I'm using esignal v10 build 859.

How do I get it to draw a vertical line on my 15min chart at the end of each day, eg 24:00 GMT ?

at present I'm placing a vertical line there manually but I'd like esignal to do it automatically like other packages do

thanks

Comment

Brilliant, thanks, exactly what I was looking for

Comment

Wiggle
        You are most welcome
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X