Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple symbols

Hello

I used to be able to type in an advanced chart any letter and get an option to put in 4 extra symbols. Has this been removed in eSignal 10 or have I somehow switched this feature off?

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...ltiple+symbols

the above link shows a picture of what I mean.

Thanks

Pogman

Re: multiple symbols

Originally posted by Pogman
    Hello

I used to be able to type in an advanced chart any letter and get an option to put in 4 extra symbols. Has this been removed in eSignal 10 or have I somehow switched this feature off?

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...ltiple+symbols

the above link shows a picture of what I mean.

Thanks

Pogman
    Hi Pogman,

I just tried try typing a letter on version 10 build 859 and I get the popup with the Multiple Symbols option.

Make sure the chart is selected by left clicking first somewhere in the chart.

Glen
    Glen Demarco
    [email protected]

Comment

hello Demarcog

thanks for the response. I believe your version is working. I have the same version and build and it is not. I usually use layouts rather than page files. However, I went into opening the Welcome to Esignal page file and the multiple symbols is there and it is working.

However, within my layouts, even with the chart active....and when I type in a letter for a stock....it shows NO OPTION for multiple symbols? This feature was working in the past in layout mode..say last 6 months...and even up to a month or so ago. But now it is not.

Does anyone have any idea how to switch this on or what has occured? Shut down and reload does not work either.

Thanks

Pogman

Comment

Originally posted by Pogman
        hello Demarcog

thanks for the response. I believe your version is working. I have the same version and build and it is not. I usually use layouts rather than page files. However, I went into opening the Welcome to Esignal page file and the multiple symbols is there and it is working.

However, within my layouts, even with the chart active....and when I type in a letter for a stock....it shows NO OPTION for multiple symbols? This feature was working in the past in layout mode..say last 6 months...and even up to a month or so ago. But now it is not.

Does anyone have any idea how to switch this on or what has occured? Shut down and reload does not work either.

Thanks

Pogman
        Pogman,

Thats really wierd, I'm also using layouts.

Perhaps something has gotten corrupted.

Did you try starting eSignal without any layouts or pages loaded?

One way to do this is close down eSignal and navigate to a eSignal directory that contains any .efs file. Then double click on the efs, this will start up eSignal but without any saved layout or pages loading.

The open up a chart and if you are able to enter multiple symbols then perhap you need to recreate your pages.

Good luck.

Glen
        Glen Demarco
        [email protected]

Comment

Pogman,

Try this, in c:\windows edit file winsig.ini after you make a backup.

Look for the layout section, you will see: [layout] see if there is a line that reads UseLinkingSymbol=NO, if so try changing it to YES.
          as that what's in my winsig.ini.

If you don't see the USeLinkingSymbol parameter specified maybe the default is NO and you may have to add it.

Not sure at all about this and it's usually not a great idea to alter parameters which are not documented. But as long as you back it up you'll be fine. I've actuall y removed this file and it seems to get rebuild without damaging anything. Obviously some setting information is lost, but it's not critical to anything I was doing anyway.

I've not seeing any doc on these ini parameters but it sounds like it's worth a shot.

Glen
          Last edited by demarcog; 11-18-2007, 07:58 PM.
          Glen Demarco
          [email protected]

Comment

Hi Glen

I think you are right and something has been corrupted. That was a great idea of starting esignal with nothing in it. But it still does not work in either layout or page mode.

As for trying the winsig method....I do not feel comfortable fooling around with this at this time.

Thanks for all your help and great ideas ... I might try downloading esignal 10 again and see what happens.

Pogman

Comment

Hi Pogman,

You wouldn't happen to be using one of the new Stretch Chart would you? The Stretch charts look very much like the Advanced Line Charts with a few subtle differences. One being there is no option for multiple symbols. It could easily be mistaken for the Advanced Line Chart. Below I have included what the Change Symbol Box looks like for the Stretch Charts.

AveryH
              eSignal Support.

Comment

Hi Avery

Bullseye! Excellent! Thanks. that was it. I guess I must have had it checked without realizing what it would do. I now get multiple symobls back in layouts.

Have a great Day!

Pogman

Comment

Working...
                X