Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playback Trades - Not linear

Hi all,

I have a significant problem. I use $playback and focus on time and sales. With the speed set to '1' , $playback appears to pretty much run at realtime speed.

However......very frequently, the timestamp on the latest trades coming through will jump (maybe by about thirty or forty seconds!)

My questions...is tick replay just that? (i.e. a tick replay with no accounting for the timeframe)? or is it supposed to be able to playback in a realtime fashion?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Playback Trades - Not linear

Hello icar1,

What version are you currently using (see Help-->About)?
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Sorry I am at work at the moment. It is Version 10, not sure which build. Thanks

Comment

Hello icar1,

The playback will respect the time stamps up to a certain number of seconds. However, if there is a large gap in time between two trades the playback is not going to make you wait, it will just play the next tick. For example, if there were 8 hours between two trades in the sequence it would not make sense to wait that amount of time to play the next tick.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply. That is very misleading - intuatively you think that a playback speed of one would mean realtime.

Can you tell me what the cutoff time would be ? Its looks to jump as early as twenty or thirty seconds.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X