Osaka Nikkei continuous contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osaka Nikkei continuous contract

I have been trying to create the OSAKA Nikkei continuous contract, with no success. Coulc someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Screenshot attached.

As you can see in the background, it is not returning any data.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

>bf2

Here is mine. Also, I set my Time Template to 9:00 - 15:11
    (I'm in Japan).

jay
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jay60; 12-08-2007, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Bf2, Jay60,

I assume you are both running version 10 which has a known bug for NI225 1!-OSM. As a matter of fact, 1! does not load for NI225 -OSM if you are running this version.

If are instead running a previous version, you may want to set the roll over as listed below.

If you would like to downgrade to version 8, you may download version 8 from this link. Please make sure to back up your files (pages, efs indicators etc) before you uninstall version 10.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Elmar P
        [B]Bf2, Jay60,

I assume you are both running version 10 which has a known bug for NI225 1!-OSM. As a matter of fact, 1! does not load for NI225 -OSM if you are running this version.

If are instead running a previous version, you may want to set the roll over as listed below.

>Elmar P

I went back to ver. 8 a few months ago as 1! would not load in 10 as you said.

You show that the roll date base should be
        the 1st Friday. Shouldn't it be set for the 2nd Friday
        as that is when the Nikkei rolls over?

Also, why would you not enable the back adjustment?

Thank you,
        jay
        Last edited by jay60; 12-10-2007, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Jay,

The advantage of 1! is that you can set the date as needed. Your are correct in stating the NI225 -OSM expires the 2nd Friday. Volumes on the next month pick up though during the last week, so it is really a matter of personal preference which date you set.

Back adjusted data does not reflect the "real" Highs and Lows of the previous contracts. Again, this is really a matter of personal preference. Depending on your statisitical inference, you may choose to adjust the data or not.

Comment

>Elmar P

I believe I saw somewhere that a maintenance version
            for 10 will be out soon. Will the NI225 and JGB 1! bug be
            fixed then?
            Would really like to change to ver. 10 but need the 1!
            function for these contracts.

Thank you,
            jay

Comment

Jay,

The maintenance version should be out soon, but am currently unable to confirm if the bug will be fixed. I can say though that a beta version of the maintenance release does not include the bug fix. I'll forward the request to the developers again.

Comment

Working...
              X