Oil Contracts in ESignal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Contracts in ESignal

Does anyone know what exact contract out of eSignal's database people are referring to when they quote oil prices on TV etc...

adrianbigaj
    They refer mostly to Light Sweet Crude (contract symbol CL) although Brent Crude (contract symbol BRN) is also often mentioned
    Alex

Originally posted by adrianbigaj
    Does anyone know what exact contract out of eSignal's database people are referring to when they quote oil prices on TV etc...

Comment

Thanks, i'm trying to retrieve the daily chart for CL-NYME and it just sits on Req Sent.. and never displays the data

Comment

adrianbigaj
        The symbol for the front month Crude contract is CL F8
        For general information on the symbol formats used in eSignal you may want to see the Symbols Format Guide in the eSignal KnowledgeBase. For the list of NYMEX symbols see this page in the Symbols Guide.
        Alex

Originally posted by adrianbigaj
        Thanks, i'm trying to retrieve the daily chart for CL-NYME and it just sits on Req Sent.. and never displays the data

Comment

Cool thanks for that, also do you know what contract everyone follows for the price of gold ??
          Last edited by adrianbigaj; 12-13-2007, 12:46 AM.

Comment

adrianbigaj,

for the cash price, it'd be XAU A0-FX (requires FOREX entitlements on your account) or GC #F for the continious future contract listed on COMEX.

Please send me a PM if you wish to make any adjustments to your account.
            Christine B.
            eSignal

Comment

Working...
            X