Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I refresh if net connection is lost ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I refresh if net connection is lost ?

I loose internet connectivity on a regular basis during trading hours & I don't have another choice.

How do I refresh the data & get eSignal working again without shutting down the whole application & Re starting it again & again ??

Thanks

I'm not sure but does the menu option Page, Reload Page sort it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggle
      I'm not sure but does the menu option Page, Reload Page sort it ?
      Nop. That doesn't work.

Comment

I have the same problem. To my mind it should catchup without any action by the user.

Comment

You can try holding down the SHIFT key and clicking on the boxes on the bottom right where they normally say "OK".

Try the CTRL key as well.

That should re-start your connection.

One checks the Data Manager connection, the other the eSig application itself.

Cheers, Al Rados.

Comment

refresh/reload charts

I had a similar problem on my tick charts.

On the cursor window where it shows server OK (you may need to right click - cursor -cursor window, ON cursor window right click properties - check Show server status)

Press Ctrl Alt and click on OK - this will refresh/reload the chart

Comment

Hey All,
              If your Data Manager loses it connection to the Data Farm the DM will continue to try and reconnected as long as it is open. Once the connection is re-established you can refresh your charts or other windows by click on the Status Bar. The status bar for the advanced charts are located in the Cursor windows.

Refreshing Advanced Charts
              Hold down the CTRL button on your keyboard; then click on the green OK with your mouse. The green OK is located in the Cursor Window, and it is known as Server Status Bar.

This article give more information on the cursor window and the different fields within it. .

AveryH
              eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks for the comments about using the cursor, but I'm surprised no mention of this facility is included in the explanation article (see link by ahodgee).

However, I still don't get why this is a manual function. After the connection has come back there is no way of knowing it was gone. You may not notice it, you may be away from your desk. I just don't understand why this functionality isn't automatic, I mean, what's the point in having computers if you have to do the mechanical stuff yourself.

Comment

Hey Dave,

Actually the Refresh Chart portion of the post is an excerpt from Advanced Charts-General Instructions article. This article provides more information about the Chart Window and not so much about the cursor window.

As to why this is not yet automated; I don't know the specifics, but my best educated guess is that since there is no connection monitoring in place for the charts it would never know it's been disconnected. So for it to automatically reconnect it would have to do as the DM does and constantly be requesting data from the servers. In which case your internect connection would be saturated with request for data for the charts, DM, and any other windows you have open.

AveryH

Comment

Hi

my best educated guess is that since there is no connection monitoring in place
                    I don't get it. When I write code for a client/server datafeed I include packet numbering and handshaking and heartbeats etc so that missing data is detected (the overhead is not large if you think in small windows). I don't see how this can be dispensed if a reliable service is to be delivered.

Anyway, thanks for the comment.

Dave

Comment

SuperCharts/Tradestation/Dynastore (not eSignal products) connected to eSignal's Data Manager automatically resumes updating quotes and charts when the Data Manager reconnects after losing a good connection.

There's no excuse for eSignal not doing this in their charting app.

Comment

Something I've noticed. The Ctrl+ok shortcut to refresh data does /not/ work on non-US futures. I have noticed this since version seven. I have never seen it actually refresh.

Edit: wait, maybe this is only true for 1!.

Comment

Working...
                        X