eSignal Network issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal Network issues

Starting sometime last Thursday I started having problems with eSignal. All my charts were taking a long time to load, and tick charts in specific would often not load completely.

So I deleted all my studies, and still had the same problem. Then I deleted all my charts except one tick chart...and still had the problem.

Then I did a netstat to grab the IP addresses I was talking to and it appears I was using servers with an IP in the range of 216.23.2xx range.

Doing a tracert on those address, I usually got timeouts, and a few did connect with over 15 hops with delays in high 70's to low 80's ms per for many of the hops.

I hadn't seen this problem prior to Thursday, so clearly something has changed...the question is, are there different servers ranges I can try to connect to, and how can I force the data manager to point to those?

Are there other possible solutions?

Thanks,

Garth
    Garth

Anyone? Anyone? Not being able to bring up a single tick chart, and really long delays for interval charts is very very very painful.
    Garth

Comment

Hi Garth,

Assuming it is a server issue, you could try turning the computer off for several minutes then when you turn it back on you may connect to a different server.

Check this link, while different, the common thread is 'tick server'. The solution may not work in your case, but it could give you some ideas.

Comment

I dont know if this is a solution to no tick charts, but I had the same issue recently and here is what worked...

typed 155 space t and the 155t showed up.

And I added in the title bar back on and then Control-clicked the server status area and the data flowed.

Was able to get only Es, no nq, ab or ym without some sort of trickery.

Comment

Working...
        X