Still Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Need Help

I loose internet connectivity on a regular basis during trading hours & I don't have another choice.

How do I refresh the data & get eSignal working again without shutting down the whole application & Re starting it again & again ??

Thanks

Can you describe in more detail?
    Does the Data Manager turn red, or are the individual charts not updating?
    Garth

Comment

Hi Garth,

When net goes down the data manager turns red but as soon as I get the connectivity back it starts back but the charts don't update. So I have to shut down the eSignal application & restart it & it will load all the charts & start updating them.

If it is convenient for you try to disconnect the net for 5 seconds & turn it back on again & you will see what I mean.

Thanks

Comment

I can't help with the network issue, my guess is that there is either a very high number of hops between your system and the eSignal servers or there are some network device(s) that are overloaded along that path (You can use netstat and tracert to determine this...but all that will do is confirm if my guess is correct...it will not fix the problem).

I may be able to help you wrt shutting down eSignal. If you to a <cntrol> left click in the status stripe of the cursor window (the part that is either Green with an "ok", yellow with a "trying" or red with some error message), this will force a reload of data and a redraw of that chart.

Of course, if you are downloading a lot of data at once, you may end up overloading the network again (if that is indeed the issue).

Regards,

Garth
        Garth

Comment

Working...
        X