Save files to a networked computer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save files to a networked computer?

I have an EFS that outputs data to a text file on the computer that is running eSignal (call that the "ChartsComputer").

Is there a way to have the EFS output the data to a file on my other (home networked) computer (call that one the "MainComputer") ?

Currently, I looked in Tools/EFS/Settings, and I only see the ability to put output files from an EFS routine onto the computer harddrive that eSignal is currently running under. I tried putting a shortcut on the ChartsComputer main hard drive that points to the MainComputer's hard drive, but eSignal does not acknowledge that "shortcut" as a valid folder when I look under the EFS/Settings options for "Formula Output Root".
    Last edited by fish7; 12-26-2007, 11:06 AM.

Re: Save files to a networked computer?

f1sh7
    Use the Map Network Drive tool and assign a drive letter (for example X to the shared network folder.
    Once you do that it should be available in the EFS Settings
    Alex

Originally posted by f1sh7
    I have an EFS that outputs data to a text file on the computer that is running eSignal (call that the "ChartsComputer").

Is there a way to have the EFS output the data to a file on my other (home networked) computer (call that one the "MainComputer") ?

Currently, I looked in Tools/EFS/Settings, and I only see the ability to put output files from an EFS routine onto the computer harddrive that eSignal is currently running under. I tried putting a shortcut on the ChartsComputer main hard drive that points to the MainComputer's hard drive, but eSignal does not acknowledge that "shortcut" as a valid folder when I look under the EFS/Settings options for "Formula Output Root".

Comment

Working...
    X