Spread Symbol update Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spread Symbol update Issue

Very recently, last week or so, I've been having an update problem on a spread symbol. The symbol in use is "$ADD + $ADDQ".

I use it on a 1 min chart. It works fine most of the day but then at 13:59 (Central Time) it stops updating. No newer bars come in. Happens every day for the last week or so.

1 min charts of $ADD and $ADDQ update properly right up until 15:00 CST when the marke closes. (note these charts use the same time template as does the spread symbol).

If I change the spread bar time to 5 min, the same thing happens, it stops updating at 13:55 CST.

If I change the time template to "Equity RTH - EAst Coast", the same thing happens... updating stops at 15:00, an hour before close.

Any ideas why the update stops an hour before the market closes?

bigtee

Hi Bigtee,

The symbols $ADD and $ADDQ update only during market hours, Central Time from 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM. eSignal charts synchronize to your computer clock, so if the time in your computer clock is Central Time, then the chart starts and ends during those hours, using the correct time template.

The equity RTH East Coast, apply only to PCs using the Eastern Time Zone, in your case you can create a template for Central Time, or use the 24 hrs template.

ErnestoO
    eSignal Technical Support

Comment

Thanks for answering. I'm aware that the symbols like $ADD, $ TICK, etc. only update during market hours.

I still have the problem. I have a template set on Central time, which is what my computer clock is set on. The hours in the template are 8:30 - 15:00.

On this template, $ADD and $ADDQ each update right up to the 1500 close as they should, if they are the only symbol on the chart. If I change to the spread "$ADD + $ADDQ", updating stops at 1359, one hour before close.

By the way, I have the exact same problem with "$TICK + $TICKQ".

Let's try this, if you could be so kind. Set up a one minute chart on a time template for your time zone that only includes the regular trading hours for that time zone.

Then, set up a spread using the symbol "$ADD + $ADDQ" and see if it updates right up until the close, what ever that time happens to be.

Let me know if the spread updates all the way to market close, in whatever time zone you are in, and we'll go from there.

bigtee

Comment

Bigtee,

Set up two charts as you requested with the market hours using Pacific Time (PST) 6:30 AM - 1:00 PM, the charts were complete and the last bar started at 12:59 PM for both charts.

Please send me a Private Message with your Customer ID Number and a phone number to reach you.

ErnestoO
        eSignal Technical Support

Comment

Working...
        X