Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank charts due to firewall?

Hi,

I'm relatively new to trading in general and I've been practising my day trading techniques by paper trading while I've been off work for the christmas holidays. Now that I'm back at work I was hoping to paper trade the NYSE/NASDAQ open during my lunch break (I'm in the uk) by taking my laptop to a coffee shop with a free wireless connection.

However, having just tried this for the first time I was unable to load any intraday charts. Time and sales were coming through fine, and all stocks in my quotes window were updating constantly, so I can't think why I'm having a problem with the charts. I can only put it down to some kind of firewall issue, but does anyone know if this is reasonable? Is historical data queried on a different protocol, or anything like that?

I thought perhaps the wifi may just be too slow, but I've used esignal om home wireless networks before with no problems. I also did a speedtest.net and it came out around 6mb which I think should be fine?

Dear dcobbold123,

If you were able to get data in the Time and Sales window, then the problem was not a firewall. I am not sure the Time Template that was being use in the chart, but did you try changing the Time Template to a 24 hrs template? Was the chart an intraday chart? or a Tickbar chart?

If the time template being use was other than the 24 hrs template, right click the mouse inside the chart, go to Time Template and select 24 hrs. Make sure that the time in your PC is correct with the Time Zone in your area, eSignal charts synchronize to PC clock.

ErnestoO
    eSignal Technical Support

Comment

Working...
    X