Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draw Lines On Top of Price Problem

Hi,
    I've just installed the latest eSignal release (version 10.0.1086.932 12/22/07), and all of the study lines / moving averages etc in my Advanced Charts are now being displayed "On Top of Price" rather than below price (which was how it was set before i installed the new version).

If I left chick on an advanced chart - select chart properties - the "Draw Lines On Top of Price" is unticked. I've tested ticking and then unticking this option but it makes no difference.

Thanks,
    Paul

Paul,

there seems to be an issue with this feature in the latest eSignal release.
    I have passed it on to our PMD who are currently looking into the issue and hopefully it will be fixed shortly.

thank you for reporting it.
    Christine B.
    eSignal

Comment

Hi Christine,
      Thanks for clarifying the situation. I noticed a couple of other issues yesterday:

1) I have efs studies which display a "button / icon" in the advanced chart price window, which, when clicked on, opens up the "edit study - study properties" window for that efs study. After installing the latest release (Version 10, Release 4), this option doesn't work - i.e.: if i double click on the button / icon nothing happens.

2) When i open a new default advanced chart and choose Daily data, it will load the data as normal; but if i choose Intraday data, it will show "NO DATA" in the cursor window and only one bar (after a long time delay) will be displayed. This was working fine before this release.

Due to the severity of the issues, I'm going to uninstall this release and reinstall the old one i was using (Version 10, Release 1).

At least you are now aware of the problems, so solutions can be worked on for the next release.

Paul
      Last edited by TURLIES; 01-17-2008, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Paul,

I didn't come across those issue on the latest eSignal version, but I'll try to replicate it on my pc.

In regards to the intraday data not loading, please try the following:
        - Open the DataManager first (under Start > Programs > eSignal) before you open the eSignal application
        - Apply time template where a set number of days (eg 120) has been pre-defined. You can click here to find more detailed information on how to set it up
        - try to pull the data in a blank chart where no indicators are applied

Additionally, which symbol/time frame do you experience the problem? Does this happen every day since you upgraded to the latest version?
        Please send me your username by PM so I can have a look into your connection.

thank you,
        Christine B.
        eSignal

Comment

Hi Christine,
          I went back to the old release today and all of the issues i mentioned are not occuring anymore. So it was definately the latest release that was causing the problems.

Paul

Comment

Hello Paul,

The problem with the lines appearing on top of the price bars has been corrected and will be fixed for the next release.

The issue where the user defined EFS function is not executing when you click on an EFS drawn button is caused by a bug revolving around the use of the Text.RELATIVETOLEFT flag for drawTextRelative() and drawTextAbsolute(). This has not been corrected yet, but has been reported to our development team. We'll try to get this corrected in one of the next releases. The current work-around for this problem is to replace the drawTextRelative() and ....Absolute() functions with drawTextPixel(). You should be able to use the same function parameters.
            Jason K.
            Project Manager
            eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
            JavaScript for EFS Video Series
            EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
            EFS Glossary
            Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
            X