Option updates in quote window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Option updates in quote window

I'm having a problem tech support can't seem to solve. I have some equity options listed in my quote window that don't update in real-time. I run 2 different quote windows and 1 detail window in my layout. If I pull up an option chain on the underlying it will update the options on the main quote window, but only then. I've removed and reinstalled, created new layouts & quote windows, and called support 4 times over this. Not all symbols are affected, but I'm convinced it has nothing to do with the specific symbol as this has happened with both thin options and very active ones. Has anyone experienced a similiar problem or have any ideas?? Thanks for your help!
    Russ

P.S. Forgot to note that this only seems to happen in certain instances, I have other options on my quote window that update just fine while others simply do not
    Last edited by russ0910; 01-30-2008, 08:14 AM.

Russ,
    Thanks for the post; this was reported as a bug by our Development Team. Apparently when the options window is opened and the underlying symbol entered a wild card symbol is used to retrieve the data for the options chain. When symbols from the options chain are added to the quote window even though they are individual symbols they are covered under the blanket of the wild card.

After you¡¦ve entered the symbols into quote window and either change the underlying symbol or close the options window the wild card symbol is removed from the Data Manager causing all subsequent symbols which are using this wild card stop updating.

There is a work around you can use,

Once you have entered the symbols into the quote window close the option chain and exit eSignal. (Using the File„³Exit all and Save) then reopen eSignal. This added the symbols from the quote windows into the Data Manager.

Or

A second much quicker way would be; once you have entered the symbols in the quote window Bring the Data Manager up, on the main menu click on Data -->Symbols-->Reset DB's. This will force all symbols from your layout/page into the Data Manager.

Hopefully this will help.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

>ahodgee

I hope you can solve this option related problem too.

Using 8.0 I can load the option chain with JGB10 H8-TPX
      data. However, I can't get the Advanced Charts to load.
      They are just blank with the cursor window reading No Data.
      I called support a month or so ago and the rep took control
      of my PC, clicked here and there a few times and quickly
      gave up with an 'I don't know'. Said he would ask the
      engineers, but I never heard back from him.
      I have 8.0 installed on 3 computers and it is the same
      with all of them.

Should you have any ideas, would you please let me
      know.

Thank you,
      jay
      Last edited by jay60; 01-31-2008, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Hello Jay,
        Thank you for the post, I'm not sure I completely understand your issue. I’m guessing since this is a post about options that you’re having problems getting the options for the 10 Year Bond.
        If this is the case, please let me know the option symbol is so we can start looking at specific cases. One thing to note and remember is eSignal does not store intraday history for options. So an options chart is only going to start building from the time in which you open and add the symbol. If you close the chart and reopen or refresh the chart you will wipe out all of your data and have to start over.
        Please give me more details on what the issue is you're having and I'll be more then happy to assist.

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you.

AveryH
        eSignal Support.

Comment

>ahodgee

I was not aware that the data for options is not stored
          on the servers, and the support rep must not have known
          either. That was the reason for the charts not loading
          after trading hours.

Thank you very much for providing the answer.

jay

Comment

Working...
          X