Development, Production instances?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Development, Production instances?

Is there anyway to have a live eSignal on one pc and another eSignal instance on a development pc? The 2nd instance would be for development purposes.

That is, is there any way to accomplish this without paying for 2 eSignal seats?

I'd like to leave my live/production eSignal running on one pc during trading hours and still be able to do efs work on a different pc.

Is there any way to run eSignal in an "offline" mode for development purposes?
    Presumable if this is possible one could have one instance running online (live) and one offline (development).

Hi Michael,
    Thank you for the post, this is a good question and often asked, here is a link from the eSignal Knowledge Base which explains why we can not allow multiple connections.

Connecting to eSignal on Multiple Machines:

Every PC connecting to our servers must have its own Data Manager running and each Data Manager must have a unique Username and Password to function. Therefore, you must set-up a paying account for each PC you want to run eSignal. This is mostly mandated by the Exchanges since they consider each PC a "single user" and hence should be charged an exchange.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Suggestion: Share Data Manager

I understand eSignals position, but I suspect it's largely a business decision on eSignals part to require a full subscription per instance of eSignal. After all the eSignal software system *could* be designed such that a single eSignal Data Manager could support multiple eSignal Chart applications. In this way there would be a single server process communicating with the exchanges yet allowing multiple eSignal Chart applications as clients.

This "feature" would allow certain eSignal clients the ability to display charts on multiple pcs without having to pay the full subscription fee for each instance. I assume that eSignal would charge a fee per the extra instance(s) but hopefully at a reduced rate from the full subscription. I'd like to suggest this functionality to eSignal product marketing.

This type of product design/topology/pricing is very common in the software development community and is essential for software development.
      Last edited by mikem2006; 02-15-2008, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X