Drawing Tools & Back testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drawing Tools & Back testing

I noticed someone, in fact many have asked for a more detailed package of drawing tools. No replies from esignal have been posted to answer this question. I find it hard to believe that a comparitively high cost service wont even take the time to answer such questions let alone provide it's customers with some simple needs!! re Backtesting, I also noticed many request for a more substantial back testing engine. I know this is a much more complex issue but at present it represents something you can find for free on the internet! I pay in excess of $380 pm , that's a whopping $4560 per year for this service and yet the technical/programming support is very retail level. I have never paid this much for the most mathematical complex of programs with top rated support. So on that note do you think esignal could at least put their heads and money together and provide a tool that can draw a circle and a square!!! God forbid they might even throw in a high lighter!!!!

Ferret,

Thank you for the post and for your concern for all eSignal users.

With our International Developers Conference ending we’ve heard great things about enhancements to be added in our upcoming releases. Our first priority though is the optimization of the eSignal desktop application. This would include how eSignal goes about painting the screen when new data is requested. We’re also looking at ways to reduce the amount of data coming down to the desktop for faster loading of charts at start up and when rolling through several symbols in a short amount of time. One of the ways we’re trying to improve this is with our new "trade-only" intraday/tick servers. We store 70% less data on these servers so pulling up intraday charts should be considerably quicker. As we continue with optimization we are also working on enhancements but they are taking a back seat to optimization. We truly believe that if the application isn’t fast enough to load charts during the trading day, then Drawing tools and back-testing won’t make much of a difference.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
    X