Double prompt when changing layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double prompt when changing layout

Why is it that eSignal prompts twice when switching layouts and you'ved moved the charts around. E.g.
    Layout 1 : chart a.ach, b.ach

Switch to,

Layout 2 : chart c.ach, d.ach

Prompt to save a.ach, prompt to save b.ach, prompt to save b.ach, prompt to save a.ach.

Altas,
    Thanks for the post, this is very different behavior and not commonly seen. The only time I’ve actually experienced something like this, was when files by the same name located in different directories are opened in the same layout. The best way to check this when saving the files read the entire directory structure to see if all the files are going to the same directory when you save them. It would be more unusual if this happens when switching between both layouts.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

It happens every single time, I switch layouts. My layouts are presaved (along with the charts). When the layout is opened, I move the charts around a little (the data, I mean, not the window), when I switch (open) to a different layout, it prompts me to save the layout once, and the charts twice. You have to click No to see this behavior. I don't necessarily want to save my charts every time I switch layouts, so I just click No.

Comment

Hey Atlas,
        Thanks for the added information. I understand that you are instructing the application that you do not want to save the change, but I believe it is confirming your decision by asking twice.
        I brought this to the attention of the Product Manager who will address it with the Engineers.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
        X