Previous Versions Won't Load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previous Versions Won't Load

What's the secret method to get a previous version to load AND THEN RUN? Because of all the problems with both versions of 10, I've downloaded older versions several times, only to be forced back into this horrible 1086 because older versions "cant' find MFC80.DLL". Then, even 1086 can't find it's MCF80.DLL and must be re-downloaded. What does it take to get this junk to run, anyhow? Excuse me, we all know current eSignal doesn't RUN, but how can we get it to at least LIMP awhile before crashing again?

Hello Irv,
    Let me be the first to apologize for the issues you're experiencing with the eSignal 10. I understand your frustration and we're working diligently to correct the issues that you and many other users are having.

If you would like to downgrade from version 10 to an earlier release please use the following URL links:

To Uninstall: Please refer to Article 1626
    The above link provides instructions to remove eSignal and additional related files.

___note: ___ I don't recommend that you keep any of the layouts/pages from version 10 as you may encounter compatibility issues when you open them in the earlier release.

To Install: Click here
    Once you have completely removed version 10 you can download eSignal 8 from the above link and install it on your workstation.

Please let me know if I can be of any other assistance.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Thank You, Avery! Sorry for the upset tone of the initial post, but this has been a trying period. In all my years of eSignal use I've never experienced a 'bad' upgrade. And now, two disasters in a row! Please hurry with the fixes! Anyhow, I'll put your plan into motion as soon as the market closes today... And yell loudly if it doesn't work! ~ Irv ~

Comment

Thank You, Avery! Sorry for the upset tone of the initial post, but this has been a trying period. In all my years of eSignal use I've never experienced a 'bad' upgrade. And now, two disasters in a row! Please hurry with the fixes! Anyhow, I'll put your plan into motion as soon as the market closes today... And yell loudly if it doesn't work! ~ Irv ~

Comment

IrvPrail,

As I mentioned earlier, I understand your frustration and appreciate your apology. We're working diligently to get these issues worked out and to have eSignal optimize your desktop better. Please let me know if the downgrade works out for you.

AveryH
          eSignal Support

Comment

While the instructions seem a little complex, they're nothing compared to the reality. It took me nearly six hours of seriously-intense work to get everything Searched, Deleted, Renamed and Re-Downloaded. And then eSignal refused to run because Data Manager repeatedly displayed the following fatal error: "INVALID USERNAME OR PSW!" As far as I know, there's no way for a mere user to do anything about Usernames or PSWs (naturally, they'e not in the Help Index -- but what IS?). So it's beyond me what went wrong. Thus, I was forced to undo all my undoing, and I am once again unhappily stuck with the dismal Version 10 / 1086 Glitches. Grinding my teeth and cursing, I might add. Oh, for the good old days when eSignal delivered more than they promised --these days all deliveries seem to be anguish. I can only hope the developers are in half as much misery as we poor users. ~ Irv ~

Comment

IrvPrail,

This was not the result which I was hoping for, and I would like to get you to point where you'll be happy your eSignal until we can get a new release out.

If you wouldn't mind I would like to contact you personally. Please PM me your contact information and a good time to contact you. I will call and assist you with getting a version up and running you will be happy with. And I would like to hope that it will not take 6 hours of teeth grinding work.

AveryH
              eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
              X