hiding trendline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hiding trendline

One feature I really miss from my previous charting software package was the ability to automatically show or hide a trendline depending on the timeframe I was viewing.

Currently in esignal if I draw a trendline on the 60 minute chart then switch to the daily chart, the trendline looks really odd. What would be nice is the ability to assign a time frame (or time frame range) to a trendline, so that it shows or hides automatically when you change timeframes.

I know I can't be the only person to think about this. (I did a forum search and didnt find much.) Does anyone have a tip or solution to work around this?

Best,
    Mark
    Last edited by oortcloud; 02-11-2008, 12:35 PM.

Oortcloud,

Thank you for the post. We sincerely appreciate your comments and take the suggestions of our customers seriously. I want to assure you that we hear you and we have plans to enhance our drawing tools. Though I can’t promise that these enhancements will be implemented in the next release I can promise that I’ve forwarded your suggestion to our Product Management team for review.

look forward to hearing any other ideas you might have. Should you come up with other ideas that you think would make eSignal more efficient for yourself or others please send those ideas to: [email protected]

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

I was able to solve this by creating an EFS script that handles mouse clicks to draw trendlines. I then only display the trendline when I'm on that timeframe (or a close timeframe). It seems to work quite well and gets me about 90-95% of what I need.

I would still like to see it natively in esignal but the EFS will work for the time being.

Comment

Working...
      X