Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie split question

Hi.
    I am new to eSignal (considering migrating from QCharts). I've read that intraday split adjustments are not supported currently, but are expected for this release cycle (10.xx).

Two questions:

1. Are intraday split adjustments still on the list for the 10.xx release? If so, is there an ETA for when they might show up?

2. In the meantime, is there any manual workaround to avoid studies (moving averages, etc) on intraday charts from being distorted immediately after the split? (Also, I'm more than happy to try a beta if that's an option).

Thanks.

Hello Nall,

Thank you for the post and your inquiry about splits in eSignal. What you read is correct, eSignal does not support intra-day split and currently does not have any mechanisms to manually make the adjustment at the desktop level.

I have forwarded your comments to the Product Manager, and though I can't promise that it will be in any of the early upcoming release or even give you an ETA as to when to expect it. Please know that it has been given to the decision makers for thier review and implementation.

AveryH
    Signal Support

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'd be content with a manual solution at this point since I need intraday charts and they're basically useless for some time period after a split.

Comment

Nall,

As previously mentioned there is nothing that we could offer you that would be useful for real-time data. However for purposes of backtesting you could use the tick downloader for up to 10 days of tick data. Manaually adjust the pricing and then using the Tick Replay feature to add the data into a chart.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
        X