Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple time frame

Hi,

Does anyone know how you can add study on the same chart for different time frames?

Ex. On a 5 minute chart, have both 5 minute and 15 minute CCI

Thanks in advance

Re: Multiple time frame

sjoshi
    If the study is one of the Basic Studies (such as for example the CCI you mentioned) then you can use the formulas included in the EFS2 Custom folder in Formulas which are all already enabled for multiple intervals and/or symbols
    If instead it is a custom study then you may want to first search the forums as it may have already been developed by someone otherwise you would have to write your own
    Alex

Originally posted by sjoshi
    Hi,

Does anyone know how you can add study on the same chart for different time frames?

Ex. On a 5 minute chart, have both 5 minute and 15 minute CCI

Thanks in advance

Comment

Thanks Alex,

I have a quick question for you. If I increase the time period by 3 times will I get the same results.

Ex. On a 5 minutes chart if I want a 15 minutes MA (5 period) then can I say 15 period moving average on a 5 minutes chart. will I get the same results?

Comment

Also Alex.

Will appreciate very much if you can give me the links to the Eft's that you were talking about. I am new and am unable to find them. Thanks in advance

Comment

sjoshi
          Even though with some studies (such as for example moving averages) you can get a reasonable approximation the results are not going to be the same
          Alex

Thanks Alex,

I have a quick question for you. If I increase the time period by 3 times will I get the same results.

Ex. On a 5 minutes chart if I want a 15 minutes MA (5 period) then can I say 15 period moving average on a 5 minutes chart. will I get the same results?

Comment

sjoshi
            They are already installed on your hard drive as they come with the application.
            Right click the chart and select Formulas-> EFS2 Custom then select the study you want
            Alex

Also Alex.

Will appreciate very much if you can give me the links to the Eft's that you were talking about. I am new and am unable to find them. Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
            X