Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tick replay - am I doing something wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick replay - am I doing something wrong?

I've been trying to do a tick replay, but have been running into problems when I try to play a downloaded file.

I think I have downloaded it properly by going to the tick downloader, filling in the symbol, number of days, then naming it. The ticks are then downloaded.

However, when I go to replay it does nothing. All it says on the chart is 'Loading data'. In the tick replay box it says 'status: Playing @ 1x' but there's nothing on the screen.

What do you think the problem might be?

Re: Tick replay - am I doing something wrong?

stevenuk
    Did you enter the symbol $PLAYBACK in the chart?
    What interval is the chart set to?
    For what symbol did you download the data?
    Any other information you can provide (preferably including a screenshot) may be of help to determine what the problem is and to provide a solution
    Alex

Originally posted by stevenuk
    I've been trying to do a tick replay, but have been running into problems when I try to play a downloaded file.

I think I have downloaded it properly by going to the tick downloader, filling in the symbol, number of days, then naming it. The ticks are then downloaded.

However, when I go to replay it does nothing. All it says on the chart is 'Loading data'. In the tick replay box it says 'status: Playing @ 1x' but there's nothing on the screen.

What do you think the problem might be?

Comment

Yes, symbol is $PLAYBACK.
      The timeframe is 133T.
      The symbol is AB M8
      Attached Files

Comment

It stays like this and doesn't do anything further. It never actually displays any bars.

Comment

stevenuk
          Try clicking the Jump button a few times (leaving it set to the default 10 min) to send the file forward and see if the chart starts plotting. Alternatively increase the replay speed until the first bar appears
          FWIW it appears to be working at my end
          Alex

Originally posted by stevenuk
          It stays like this and doesn't do anything further. It never actually displays any bars.

Comment

OK, I tried all those things, but nothing is happening still.

Comment

Tick Relay

As a related topic...I have been downloading tick data for over a year now. Is there any way to "splice" these ten day data files together and get a longer composite file? If so, is there any limit as to how many files I may combine and playback.

Thanks,
              Bob
              Bob Fitzpatrick
              San Francisco

Comment

steven - Have you tried a chart with no indicators? It could be that the indicator you use needs a lot of "historic" data before it generates a signal and this is somehow causing a problem - not saying that's an excuse, but I would start simple in any analysis / investigation

fitzpatrick - don't know whether you've ever looked at the files but they are simple text. I imagine you could manually splice them (with an editor capale of dealing with large text files note) or write a small app to do it. Not that I've checked eSignal will play a longer time period though, so do that first. Note that time stamps are to the nearest second (so splice at start / end of a second), and you might like to note that when you (well, I) download the same ES data from different servers the data is not identical (small groups of lines missing).

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                X