Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• synthetic symbol spikes cpu's to 100 and crashes

Greetings,

I have build 10.0.1086.932, DBCAPI (152). My box is a dual cpu with 2gb ram. I'm running the software with the basic page layouts that came preloaded and my cpu usage is 4% following 8 symbols.

The Tools>"Spread Symbol Settings" enables the creation of custom symbols for complex? strategy. The first leg of formula I'm working on is a simple average calculation of 10 stock prices. Drawing a chart with it spikes both cpu's to 100%. Usage surges up and down and sometimes the software crashes. When I delete the chart usage goes back to 4%. Here is the symbols and formula I'm testing.

(XOM + GE + MSFT + T + PG + BAC + JNJ + CVX + IBM + JPM) / 10

I'm testing the same avg/price calculation with a different data/software provider and have no problems with it. Usage is stable at 12% with nothing else running.

I like the layouts on eSignal and hope the software can handle a simple division problem. I haven't got to the complex part yet!Hopefully we can get this fixed before my trial period ends.

Thoughts ???
    Last edited by huntergatherer; 04-02-2008, 06:32 PM.

100% CPU usage

Hi mate,

Thanks for your forum post.

I was not able to replicate when loading your spread into my program.

Please review the following knowledge base article related to Overall Performance Issues of the program

Suggestion:-
    Can you please try downgrading to .
    eSignal version 10, release 3 (This is the version that I am using)

Please restart your computer after completing the downgrade and advise, should you continue to experience difficulties.

Comment

Working...
    X