Menu Bar keeps Changing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menu Bar keeps Changing

Recently I have noticed that the menu bar seems to change momentarily. From what I can see, the options for weather maps and forex seem to appear for a second and then it reverts back to the old menu bar.

This seems to happen when I move from one window (quo, tkr, etc) to another.

It is annoying as it causes all of my windows to move for a second and makes everything seem to be flashing.

Once it returns to the normal, I have the options for File, Page, Edit, Tools, Quote Options (or ticker options depending on the page), research, Scanner, Support, Symbols, trade, Window, and Help.

I do not know where the extra options are coming from.

Is this normal?

Thanks for any leads.

Hi There,

Thanks for your forum post.

I am unable to replicate your difficulties.

Could you please advise the version of our eSignal application that you are currently operating (Help/About program).

Please also, advise your current operating system and if possible please copy a snapshot image of your screen to illustrate this problem.

Kind Regards,

Comment

Re: Menu Bar keeps Changing

This is because what are shown in main menu depends on the type of current active window. You may need to change the width of main esignal window so that the menu bar is wide enough to show all possible menus.

Originally posted by bcrown
      Recently I have noticed that the menu bar seems to change momentarily. From what I can see, the options for weather maps and forex seem to appear for a second and then it reverts back to the old menu bar.

This seems to happen when I move from one window (quo, tkr, etc) to another.

It is annoying as it causes all of my windows to move for a second and makes everything seem to be flashing.

Once it returns to the normal, I have the options for File, Page, Edit, Tools, Quote Options (or ticker options depending on the page), research, Scanner, Support, Symbols, trade, Window, and Help.

I do not know where the extra options are coming from.

Is this normal?

Thanks for any leads.

Comment

Clearpicks, Thanks for the information. I do understand that the menu bar changes based upon the window. However, if I go to any of the windows I have open (4 tkr and 1 quo file plus the news manager) the menu bar fits across the screen.

For some reason a menu bar is flashing when changing between windows which does not seem to belong to any of the windows I have open.

Can someone tell me which window would cause "weather" to be on the menu bar?

The flashing happens to quick to get a screen capture.

Thanks,

Comment

bcrown,

I saw the same issue you're reporting and it's in process of being fixed. It has to do with a new menu file we loaded on our servers. It should be resolved by the end of next week.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X