Performance Issues Ver 80r2 versus 10r4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Issues Ver 80r2 versus 10r4

I have tried upgrading several times to version 10. Each time I end up with a slow system and freeze ups in the winsig window.

My PC is running XP, using 2gb Ram and a Pentium 4 3.6GHZ CPU.

I have one quote window with 550 Symbols, and 4 ticker windows open as well as the newsreader.

Should I be getting freezes and if so, why do I not have problems with the earlier 8.0 versions and the identical layouts.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
    Last edited by bcrown; 05-14-2008, 12:03 PM.

Hang tight and wait for the next beta release. I think you'll see significant improvement, especially when requesting any intraday chart. ETA is any day now.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
      Hang tight and wait for the next beta release. I think you'll see significant improvement, especially when requesting any intraday chart. ETA is any day now.

Thanks.
      Thank God, I am Sooooo tired of this crap. I crash several times a day. Horrible data lags/freezes. I am downloading v10r4 right now!!!

*Edit* I should say I am downgrading from the latest BETA
      Last edited by FloridaDude; 05-16-2008, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaDude
        Thank God, I am Sooooo tired of this crap. I crash several times a day. Horrible data lags/freezes. I am downloading v10r4 right now!!!

*Edit* I should say I am downgrading from the latest BETA

LOL Nevermind. I spent 10 seconds with v10r4 and I am reinstalling the latest beta again. *SIGH*

Comment

I'd recommend waiting until the next beta is released. The one currently posted (build 1184) has some improvements but we've made significant progress in the last six weeks and are on build 1230 now internally. Should be posted anyday.

If eSignal itself is crashing, please be sure to send each crash report so we can track patterns.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X