Intervals/Time Templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intervals/Time Templates

1. I am having a difficult time trying to understand why there is little to no consistency across intervals. As I move from a 1 min to a 5 and a 5 to a 15 etc. the closing price for the day is rarely accurate. I have read that others were noticing this and was wondering if anyone had a suggestion?

2. After I confirm that the time template and the platform exchange time is in sync, I am unable to get the advanced chart to reflect the changes made to the time template. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Christopher T. Much

Re: Intervals/Time Templates

Christopher
    When you say "As I move from a 1 min to a 5 and a 5 to a 15 etc. the closing price for the day is rarely accurate." do you mean that the last price for the day is different between each of those intervals or that all those intraday intervals are showing a last price that is different from what is displayed by the daily chart?
    If the latter then keep in mind that in eSignal the daily charts always include the Settlement which is transmitted after the close whereas the intraday charts will include the data up to the ending time set through the Time Template which may be before the time the exchange transmits the Settlement.
    If instead you meant to say that the last prices are different between the intraday intervals then you may want to post screesnhots of the Time Template used and of some charts illustrating the issue so that someone else can try to replicate the problem
    Alex

Originally posted by cmuch12
    1. I am having a difficult time trying to understand why there is little to no consistency across intervals. As I move from a 1 min to a 5 and a 5 to a 15 etc. the closing price for the day is rarely accurate. I have read that others were noticing this and was wondering if anyone had a suggestion?

2. After I confirm that the time template and the platform exchange time is in sync, I am unable to get the advanced chart to reflect the changes made to the time template. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
    X