Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a potential issue in eSignal 10.1 gold

Hello,

I am currently using eSignal 10.1 Gold. I observed that if I first open an intraday chart (say "6E M8, 5") and let it running for a while (say 20 minutes), then change the interval to 1min and let it running for 1 hour. When I switch the interval back to 5min, the chart loading time is noticably significant longer than the time needed to load a 5min chart when eSignal just starts. It might be related to some buggy algorithm using non-existing cached data or trying to reuse closed TCP connections. Can someone from eSignal test this issue to see whether it can be reproduced reliably?

- Clearpicks

I am noticing this as well, I use multiple time frames and before the markets open I move through all time frames to ensure eSignal has all the historical data, this when I change from a 5min sat to a 30min eSignal only needs to download new data.....simple you might think, the last version I had could cope with this, bou no eSignal Gold / senile can't remember the data and has to download it all again. I'm afraid I do not have time for this.
    Couple that with the fact that I upgraded 2 days ago and it has crashed both times I have used it

Runtime Error!
    C:\Program Files\eSignal\WinSig.exe
    R6025 pure virtual function call.
    Last edited by dhunniford; 06-16-2008, 10:04 AM.
    Hope for the best.....Plan for the worst!

Comment

dhunniford
      In File Preferences try increasing the number of Barsets being cached (default setting is 20). This is a new setting introduced in 10.x and its function is explained in the tab itself
      Alex

Originally posted by dhunniford
      I am noticing this as well, I use multiple time frames and before the markets open I move through all time frames to ensure eSignal has all the historical data, this when I change from a 5min sat to a 30min eSignal only needs to download new data.....simple you might think, the last version I had could cope with this, bou no eSignal Gold / senile can't remember the data and has to download it all again. I'm afraid I do not have time for this.
      Couple that with the fact that I upgraded 2 days ago and it has crashed both times I have used it
      Error R6025 pure virtual function call.

Comment

Hi Alexis C. Montenegro, as always thank you for your prompt reply, I will check this out, and let you know what happens.

Just as an after thought, what exactly does a "Barset" represent, interms of number of bars? What would happen if I disabled both these options, would the program act as before and cache whatever I downloaded rather than limiting to a specific amount?
        Last edited by dhunniford; 06-16-2008, 09:03 AM.

Comment

dhunniford
          You are welcome
          Alex

Hi Alexis C. Montenegro, as always thank you for your prompt reply, I will check this out, and lest you know what happens.

Comment

Thanks that appears to have returned the performance I am used to.

As an after thought, what exactly does a "Barset" represent, in terms of number of bars?
            What would happen if I unchecked both these options, would the program act as before and cache whatever I downloaded rather than limiting to a specific amount?

Comment

Hello Alex,

Could you explain more about the details of data caching in eSignal? What would happen if I set "Cache data. Discard after unused for 600 seconds" and exit/restart eSignal within 600 seconds? When eSignal restarts, would eSignal still correct data for any symbols in cache but not used in the current page?

- Clearpicks

Comment

dhunniford
                As explained in the tab for Bar Cache Settings each symbol based on the interval and time template settings is a Barset (or Bar Set). In other words what you see listed in the chart title ie symbol, interval and Time Template settings is a Barset. For example (IBM,10) 300 Bars,9:30-16:00 is a Barset while (IBM,10) 10 Days,0:00-24:00 (which you could have running in a different chart based on a different Time Template) is another Barset
                Alex

Thanks that appears to have returned the performance I am used to.

As an after thought, what exactly does a "Barset" represent, in terms of number of bars?
                What would happen if I unchecked both these options, would the program act as before and cache whatever I downloaded rather than limiting to a specific amount?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
                  dhunniford
                  As explained in the tab for Bar Cache Settings each symbol based on the interval and time template settings is a Barset (or Bar Set). In other words what you see listed in the chart title ie symbol, interval and Time Template settings is a Barset. For example (IBM,10) 300 Bars,9:30-16:00 is a Barset while (IBM,10) 10 Days,0:00-24:00 (which you could have running in a different chart based on a different Time Template) is another Barset
                  Alex
                  Thanx Alexis, think I've got that now.

Comment

dhunniford
                    My pleasure
                    Alex

Thanx Alexis, think I've got that now.

Comment

Working...
                    X