Runtime error in eSignal 10.1 gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runtime error in eSignal 10.1 gold

Sadly however the crashes continue, as described here, second one today. Since trading is my living I cannot put up with this, it costs me money. I shall roll back my system to the previous version.

Runtime Error!
    C:\Program Files\eSignal\WinSig.exe
    R6025 pure virtual function call.

A little more info since this is now a thread on its own.

I run XP SP2 fully patched
    AMD 1.8 Ghz processor
    1GB RAM

The above mentioned error and crash is triggered by switching time frame on an advanced chart from say 3min to 15min. The actual time frames have varied.
    At the time I am running 5 advanced charts and eight line charts across 3 monitors. System memory usage is around 500 MB so 500MB free.
    Last edited by dhunniford; 06-16-2008, 11:03 AM.
    Hope for the best.....Plan for the worst!

Ok I see a lot of people have viewed this, don't know if that just curiosity or any have experienced a similar problem and are looking for an answer.
    To that end a possible solution courtesy of eSignal Tech suppt
    There may be a problem with the system files eSignal uses which is causing the problems you are experiencing.
    These are not removed when you uninstall the program and you will need to delete them manually.
    Please follow these directions to re-install the program and see if corrects the crashing problems:
    1) Close eSignal & Data Manager
    2) Use the Search function in Windows and look for the following files
    (Click Start, Search, All Files and Folders):
    - WINROS.INI
    - WINSIG.INI
    - READER.INI
    Delete all files found (Click Edit, Select All then press Delete on your keyboard)
    3) Re-install eSignal http://www.esignal.com/download/default.asp
    * You will need to re-enter your user information during the installation
    As yet I have not tried this fix, but I will over the weekend and update Monday or Tuesday.

Comment

Ok afraid I can update this early, that fix doesn't work still crashing with the same error. May soon have to think the unthinkable!

Comment

In case it helps anyone figure this out for me, I can now produce this error to order, so it is not a random event.
        My setup for eSignal is as described in the first post, (charts are arranged in a page setup not a layout) if I undock one of the charts, then redock it and change the timeframe the error occurs.
        Just tried a new experiment, Opened a new page, added one advanced chart, undocked it, applied the drawing pin symbol, redocked it, changed timeframe, bang, same error.
        Hopefully someone else can reproduce this.

Comment

Last post from tonight, I have downloaded the program to another computer, installed it and from the introduction setup that eSignal loads, I simply have to undock the chart that appears and redock it, then change timeframe to produce this error.

Comment

dhunniford
            I can reproduce the error message and crash at my end.
            Make sure you submit the crash report when prompted as that will provide eSignal's developers with the information necessary to determine what is causing this issue.
            Alex

Originally posted by dhunniford
            In case it helps anyone figure this out for me, I can now produce this error to order, so it is not a random event.
            My setup for eSignal is as described in the first post, (charts are arranged in a page setup not a layout) if I undock one of the charts, then redock it and change the timeframe the error occurs.
            Just tried a new experiment, Opened a new page, added one advanced chart, undocked it, applied the drawing pin symbol, redocked it, changed timeframe, bang, same error.
            Hopefully someone else can reproduce this.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
              dhunniford
              I can reproduce the error message and crash at my end.
              Make sure you submit the crash report when prompted as that will provide eSignal's developers with the information necessary to determine what is causing this issue.
              Alex
              Thanx Alexis, numerous crash reports have been submitted by me during the last 24 hrs. I have also been in contact with eSignal suppt by e-mail and they have confirmed that they were able to reproduce this. as best I can assertain MSFT suggest that thei error is the result of a coding error in an applicatio. hopefully it can berectified soon.

Comment

Working...
              X