Bar Cache settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bar Cache settings

Ok this thing is doing my head in, I currently have it set to cache 500 Barsets and in case that isn't enough 500 minutes and it still can't cache 9 time settings for 4 charts
    Hope for the best.....Plan for the worst!

Hi There,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please advise the 9 time settings that you use on your charts.

Kind Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by ShaheedM
      Hi There,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please advise the 9 time settings that you use on your charts.

Kind Regards,
      Hi thanx for the reply, it's doubtless something I am doing wrong, but a search of the help topics does not show anything for "Bar Cache"
      The settings, are 1min, 3min, 5min, 10min, 15min, 30min, 60min, 90min, and daily. 12 charts in use, but 8 of them are only used on 1 min setting and set to only display 1 days data.
      The remaining 4 charts are switched through most of these time frames at some point.
      Prior to this bar caching thing, at the beginning of the day I could run through all timeframes on the 4 charts and they would download the historic data, then later in the day when I say, switched from 3min to 15min the change was instant as most of the data was already on my computer and the program needed only to request new data. Now however the chart will blank as it request all data for the symbol and downloads it all for that timeframe. It's not really a huge issue, just annoying since it didn't do it before.
      Last edited by dhunniford; 06-24-2008, 03:33 PM.

Comment

I am unable to replicate what you have reported. My charts seem to load instantly, after increasing the custom bar cache setting (500 barsets).

Could you please select the top level "Help" menu and then select the "About" option.
        Please advise the complete version of the software that you are operating.

Can you also, please try loading a new chart window inside a new page and advise if you experience these difficulties with that new chart window.

Kind Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by ShaheedM
          I am unable to replicate what you have reported. My charts seem to load instantly, after increasing the custom bar cache setting (500 barsets).

Could you please select the top level "Help" menu and then select the "About" option.
          Please advise the complete version of the software that you are operating.

Can you also, please try loading a new chart window inside a new page and advise if you experience these difficulties with that new chart window.

Kind Regards,
          Version 10.0.0 (Build 859)
          I am actually having a problem replicating this myself So far I have only been able to replicate it after market close, ie charts setup pre-market, used throughout the session without problem, come back to charts around 7pm EST and it occurs then. I will continue to monitor, but if this proves to be the only time it happens, ie outside market hours, then it is of no concern to me personally.

Comment

dhunniford
            You may want to update to version 10.1 as it provides in my opinion a number of significant improvements in functionality and performance (especially when compared to the version you are currently running)
            Alex

Originally posted by dhunniford
            Version 10.0.0 (Build 859)
            I am actually having a problem replicating this myself So far I have only been able to replicate it after market close, ie charts setup pre-market, used throughout the session without problem, come back to charts around 7pm EST and it occurs then. I will continue to monitor, but if this proves to be the only time it happens, ie outside market hours, then it is of no concern to me personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
              dhunniford
              You may want to update to version 10.1 as it provides in my opinion a number of significant improvements in functionality and performance (especially when compared to the version you are currently running)
              Alex
              Hi Alexis
              Hmmn, is this the same 10.1 that is the subject of this thread?

If so you will have trouble selling me on that idea, a minor lag when changing timeframe, whilst annoying, I can live with, a crash everytime I do it, I cannot
              Last edited by dhunniford; 06-26-2008, 08:23 AM.

Comment

dhunniford
                Yes it is. I forgot about that specific issue so at this point you may want to wait for the maintenance release of 10.1 which I believe is due in a near future and that as far as I know resolves that problem.
                Alex

Originally posted by dhunniford
                Hi Alexis
                Hmmn, is this the same 10.1 that is the subject of this thread?

If so you will have trouble selling me on that idea, a minor lag when changing timeframe, whilst annoying, I can live with, a crash everytime I do it, I cannot

Comment

Can you also, please report any future difficulties in real time, so my team can perform checks to try and replicate your observation at that time.

Please contact Liverep support.

Kind Regards,

Comment

Re: -

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
                    dhunniford
                    Yes it is. I forgot about that specific issue so at this point you may want to wait for the maintenance release of 10.1 which I believe is due in a near future and that as far as I know resolves that problem.
                    Alex
                    No worries Alex, it was a reasonable suggestion otherwise, the current problem seems less of an issue than that one so I will either wait or rollback to Ver 8

Comment

Working...
                    X