unexpected shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unexpected shutdown

When I use skype along with esignal 10.1, exiting (by clicking on Skype icon on Windows tool bar and selecting exit) from skype will cause unexpected shutdown of esignal.

Exiting from Skype does not cause any other program to shut down.
    Exiting from other programs does not cause esignal to shut down.

The problem apparently is caused by something unique between Skype and esignal.

Rambo

Do you get an eSignal crash report message? When you restart eSignal, do you get a dialog box that says eSignal was not exited properly and a prompt to send a report at that time? In either case, please be sure to send in those reports.

Odd circumstances but hopefully we can find some pattern.

Thanks.

Comment

error reporting

There is an error message after I restart esignal that says that "one of the esignal component is terminated improperly." and comes with a prompt for sending a report. I did follow the prompt and sent a report.

Thank you.

Rambo

Comment

Rambo
        FWIW on the Skype forum there are some threads about Skype causing other programs to crash or close unexpectedly (see for example here). You may want to run some searches in that forum
        Alex

Originally posted by Rambo
        When I use skype along with esignal 10.1, exiting (by clicking on Skype icon on Windows tool bar and selecting exit) from skype will cause unexpected shutdown of esignal.

Exiting from Skype does not cause any other program to shut down.
        Exiting from other programs does not cause esignal to shut down.

The problem apparently is caused by something unique between Skype and esignal.

Rambo

Comment

Thanks

Alex;
          Thanks for the help.

Rambo

Comment

Re: Thanks

Rambo
            My pleasure
            Alex

Originally posted by Rambo