eSignal on Demand questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal on Demand questions

I see the new delayed product has been released, nice. For once a deadline that made it

I have a few questions:

What exactly does "delayed snapshot data mean?

Will i be able to download historic tick and minute data?

Are there any additional data fees on-top of the three prices advertised ($25/$35/$50) ?

The pricing page says $35 for regional/forex. Does that mean i can subscribe to delayed snapshot data for GTIS FX and a region of my choice? Because the account maintaince page doesnt say anything about FX in the region-package.

Also, the account maintainance page only lets me subscribe to one package - isnt it possible to subscribe to say 1 exchange for $25 and additionally select a region for $35? Or subscribe to 2 exchanges for $50?

Regards,
    P.

That got posted live just a tad early so if you can hang-on for a day or so, we'll get you all those answers.

As an overview, the new eSignal OnDemand service will provide a delayed snapshot update to your symbols (no streaming data) and access to all our history data (min request is for 1 min bars - no tick requests). You'll get access 24/7 w/o regard to markets being open or closed.

We'll hopefully get the pricing and product configurations answers together before the holiday weekend.

Thanks.

Comment

I've got some more answers for you but the system still needs to be updated to reflect how the service will be offered. Here's the deal in a nutshell:

$25/mo gets you any single exchange (most are available with just a few exceptions based on our contract with those exchanges)

$35/mo gets you any of our three regions. That includes stocks and futures. Forex will be included in each region.

$50/mo gets you all regions.

No other data charges but there will be some add-on's available and those will have extra fees (news, add-on studies, etc.)

System is not quite configured in this manner yet but hopefully will be by the end of next week.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ

System is not quite configured in this manner yet but hopefully will be by the end of next week.

Thanks.
        Thanks, Scott.

I noticed that contributor specific quotes for FX are not available with eSignal on demand. Is that such a thing that is not quite configured yet, or is this intended?

I personally would prefer even a single contributor over the composite FX data if i had to choose. Due to the large number of contributing institutions the intraday quotes are all over the place.

Comment

How are you drawing that conclusion? Are you seeing something in Acct Maint or did you sign-up and try the new service already?

I can't imagine why we wouldn't allow single-contributor but before we dig, curious why you think we're not allowing that.

Thanks.

I noticed that contributor specific quotes for FX are not available with eSignal on demand. Is that such a thing that is not quite configured yet, or is this intended?

Comment

Yes i tried - it says "Not ent." in a standard chat when trying to chart a contributor specific FX symbol. Composite symbols work tho.

Comment

I take it that's the same case in a quote window or in an Advanced Chart window? Sounds like we have another configuration change

Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

It says "No data" in a quote window or "Req sent" (or something like that) in an adv. chart.

Comment

pippi,

Thanks for the info. This is being looked into. It appears that a majority of the contributors (UZ, RTG, ODSE, LICP, SBD, CC) are already included with the Delayed Forex entitlement. However, there are others (FXCM, TDFX, GAIN) that need to be added. Will provide an update here once we have more information.

Thank you,
                  Ray P.
                  eSignal Support

Comment

Hello,

the contributors you mentioned(UZ, RTG, ODSE, LICP, SBD, CC) are not included (or at least it still says "not ent.").

Regards,
                    P.

Comment

We'll get it all cleaned-up next week.

Thanks.

Comment

In doing some further checking we found that the Individual Contributors are not available on a Delayed basis. Only the Composite symbol (i.e. EUR A0-FX) is offered with the Delayed FOREX service. A subscription to the Real Time FOREX service (along with a RT product such as eSignal Premier) would be needed to access the Individual Contributors. We apologize for the earlier confusion.

Thank you,
                        Ray Pineda
                        eSignal Support

Comment

I am able to access a large number of symbols (for which i didnt subscribe) on an EOD basis. Is that intentional? If yes, could you clarify which symbols should be accessible on an EOD basis, because not all symbols are, but many.

Comment

Hi pippi,

Please send me a private message (click Send PM) with your Account info and I will be glad to review the exchanges included with your subscription.

Thank you,
                            Ray P.
                            eSignal Support

Comment

Hi

I am using eSignal On Demand all regions.

I keep finding tickers that do not load.

$N225-IDX No Data.
                              $TOKS-IDX No Data.
                              $AOI-IDX No Data.
                              $HSIX-IDX Not Ent.
                              $SSEA-IDX No Data.
                              $SSEB-IDX No Data.
                              $TWI-IDX No Data.
                              $SET-IDX No Data.
                              $KOSPI-IDX No Data.
                              $DAX-XET No Data.
                              $IBC-MAC No Data.
                              $PX1-PAR No Data.
                              $CPI-IDX No Data.
                              $USDR-IDX No Data.
                              $RPIX-IDX No Data.
                              $XBNT-IDX No Data.
                              $XWTI-IDX No Data.
                              $JCI-IDX No Data.

Exchanges that do not permit delayed data, will those be available as add-on soon at additional cost? Like FTSE indices, LME futures etc?

Many thanks

Baldur

Comment

Working...
                              X