Chart width affacts CPU load - any information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chart width affacts CPU load - any information

Before I try to analyse this and make it reproducible, can anyone say what is going on here.

Based on a few imprecise observations today, the width of the chart (changing from say 1000 pixels to about 200) makes a big difference to the cpu load (as indicated by winsig entry in the taskmanager), I saw a change from a virtually a whole core in use to just a few percent.

I'm thinking that the only thing (loadwise) that should be changed by the width would be the overhead of the scroll when a new bar forms, and that might depend on whether the auto-scale limits change I guess.

I have a chart with a 1000V ES #F and three efs-based indicator panes. The chart scrolls when a new bar forms, that is every 3 to 5 seconds or so. To me it seems unlikely that even with this relatively fast "bar scroll rate" the cpu load would be significantly affected by the chart width. In this case I didn't look to see if the scaling was being affected.

Knowing whether the whole chart is always recreated when it is scrolled would be useful before investigating further.

Hello Dave180,

The visible portion of the chart is re-created with each update, but the entire chart does not need to be recalculated unless you scroll past the original historical download and require a new request for historical data.

Can you provide the details of the studies you are using?

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
    X