Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time Template Start/Endtimes and Days ignored for nnS plots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Template Start/Endtimes and Days ignored for nnS plots?

I have an advanced chart showing a US stock, IBM say, 1 minute.
    I have a time template with one entry "I-default, 6 days, 9:30 to 16:00.
    I see the chart title says "(IBM...) 6 Days, 9:30-16:00", I see market hours data for 6 days.

If I change to 15S (or other nS) I see the chart title changes "(IBM...) Dynamic,0:00-24:00", there si not 6 days of data automatically downloaded, and I see non-market hours data.

If I change back to 1min the timetemplate returns to that expected.

As I no longer get the specified number of days of downloaded data, processing that requires a specified number of days fails. How do I work around that? (Scrolling the chart is not acceptable)

Why are my time template market hours settings ignored?

Hi There,

Thanks for your post.

When creating your time template, please use the following options:

[1] Set the Type to: User Defined
    [2] Set the Interval to: S
    (S= seconds)

Please then, proceed with your other adjustments for #Days and Start and End times.

Kind Regards,

Comment

Shaheed, thanks, that works.

But from my reading of the online KB I don't see why. Article 2242 says

Intraday Default is for Intraday charts; with this selection you don't have to enter an interval in...
      Since I wanted the same hours for all intervals the Intraday Default seems to fit the bill. I see nothing to say that I have to use User Defined in some situations. Could you explain what User Defined does that Intraday Default doesn't?

I also notice that for $SPX the data download is very quick. But for IBM it took 10s of seconds before even the visible chart was filled. And it spent several minutes doing the back fill. This is early morning UK time, so not exactly busy time for the servers.

And having switched to ES #F I've got 258 bars, still Receiving..., and I've been waiting for a minute or two, and now at about 5 mins I only have 915 bars. Although using the East coast hrs template on ES with my time preferences set to Exchange I realise I won't get a coherent plot I did expect to see it sooner.

Comment

Your welcome mate,

Intraday default is the setting associated with standard interval charts. Tick, Second, Daily, Weekly, Monthly intervals are not classed as standard interval charts, which is why a user defined template is recommended.

Regarding your difficulties downloading charts for some symbols, I would like you to try opening a new chart window inside a new page file.
        Has there been any improvement in the performance?

If the answer is YES, then please rebuild your page file and then use that page from this point forward.

If the answer is NO (i.e. the performance was not improved), then we will need to take a look at the program installation on your system, as there may be a third party software which is in conflict with our program. In this case, a clean install would be recommended.
        * Instructions for clean install in a Vista environment
        * Instructions for clean install in a XP/Windows 2000 environment

NOTE: turned up system security can also result in the data download difficulties, which you have reported.

Kind Regards,

Comment

thanks, guess I must have known that in the past (I must have used templates on these intervals sometime) but forgot the User Defined requirement. Could the docs be updated to make the point clear?

Comment

Working...
          X