Why eSignal Version is rolled back to June 11th from July 8th version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why eSignal Version is rolled back to June 11th from July 8th version

I downloaded the eSignal V.10.1.1 ( July 8th Version )

But now you have V.10.1a ( June 11th ) old version on download page ?

Can you tell us what is going on ?

This is a really interesting question. I downloaded the July 8th version on my new computer and have been having issues. I figured it was just a Vista issue, and have been trying to approach the problem from that angle. My other computers running XP and the June 11 version work fine.

If there is a problem with the July 8 release, I would sure like to know about it...
    Garth

Comment

As many of you are aware our new release focused heavily on optimizing resources. In this last build of the maintenance release we found an issue with some of the studies being drawn. Instead of having several users run into the problem we felt it best to pull the release and correct what was happening.

AveryH
      eSignal Support

Comment

Originally posted by ahodgee
        As many of you are aware our new release focused heavily on optimizing resources. In this last build of the maintenance release we found an issue with some of the studies being drawn. Instead of having several users run into the problem we felt it best to pull the release and correct what was happening.

AveryH
        eSignal Support
        So how in the world people who are struglling with this new July 8th version supposed to know that the problem is with eSignal & not their hardware or software ?

As I am writing this there might be hundreds if not thousands who downloaded July 8th version are wasting their time to figure out what is wrong with them rather than eSignal.

There must be a mechanism in place whereby if there is a problem with eSignal then all the people who downloded a perticular version should be either notified

OR

A clear message put on the website so that anyone visiting any page of the eSignal website would immediately be aware of the bugs and advised to remove that version.

There still is a problem with even June 11th version. When you open eSignal & minimize all windows & then try to shift any one of those minimised windows to another place on the screen, there is jurking on entire eSignal application. That repeated in the new version too.

There is age old issue of context menu freezing in a detached window.

Oh and eSignal voice mailbox is always full, 24 hours a day 7 days a week & 365 days a year.

Comment

The struck out word was jurking ( Vibration ) & not any curse word to clear up any misunderstanding.

Comment

Robert,

I agree with you that we should have a better system of notifying our users of issues like this.

Regarding this specific build we are testing a fixed version which should be posted this week.
            Regards,
            Jay F.
            Product Manager

Comment

Originally posted by robert3
              So how in the world people who are struglling with this new July 8th version supposed to know that the problem is with eSignal & not their hardware or software ?

As I am writing this there might be hundreds if not thousands who downloaded July 8th version are wasting their time to figure out what is wrong with them rather than eSignal.

There must be a mechanism in place whereby if there is a problem with eSignal then all the people who downloded a perticular version should be either notified

OR

A clear message put on the website so that anyone visiting any page of the eSignal website would immediately be aware of the bugs and advised to remove that version.

There still is a problem with even June 11th version. When you open eSignal & minimize all windows & then try to shift any one of those minimised windows to another place on the screen, there is jurking on entire eSignal application. That repeated in the new version too.

Agree totally with this, I have been using eSignal for four years now, I only recently updated from v8.0 to v10 and quite frankly as far as I'm concerned this release has been an abortion so far. It crashed repeatedly, an issue which I posted about on here, and I had no choice but to uninstall and install an older v10 release, this one I notice starts historical intraday charts wherever it feels like, sometimes at 10am or 11am, or sometimes it only shows a single bar for a day. The new version appears to have many new features that would be a great bonus, but it is pointless producing a 500 mph car if the brakes and steering don't work.

I appreciate that people work very hard to produce this product, and support are always helpful in trying to resove issues, but I'm afraid this isn't enough. I pay for a premium product and I expect a premium product for that payment, not to beta test.
              I have about 3 more months on my contract, and if they are as problematic as the last one I will be moving to an alternate provider.
              Hope for the best.....Plan for the worst!

Comment

Originally posted by JayF
                Robert,

I agree with you that we should have a better system of notifying our users of issues like this.

Regarding this specific build we are testing a fixed version which should be posted this week.
                A simple update checker (with the facility to enable / disable) would resolve this issue.
                One other thing I've never understood is why there is no changelog on the download page? I've never used a software, that I'm aware of, that the developer didn't produce a changelog so people know what issues have been dealt with and whether updating is of any use.

Comment

And of course actually having a bug list so we don't have to waste time isolating, documenting and posting bugs that are already known would be "nice", but apparently not eSignal policy.

Comment

In an effort to help fellow users, I am now using the 10.1.1a dated 16th July. It seems to be stable on my machine XP. Only been a day though, so I won't break open the champagne just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by dhunniford
                      In an effort to help fellow users, I am now using the 10.1.1a dated 16th July. It seems to be stable on my machine XP. Only been a day though, so I won't break open the champagne just yet.
                      Yes hold the bubbly, wasn't long before the issues appeared
                      http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...667#post117667
                      Not sure what all this means yet but there ya go.

Comment

Working...
                      X