Quote Lag on 10.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Lag on 10.1

I have an issue on version 10.1 in which a quote in a quote window will go minutes without updating. If I go and highlight that stock, it will begin updating again, but when you have 100 symbols on a page, that can get a bit tiresome.

This has happened on 2 different computers with 2 different internet feeds and only started with 10.1.

Is anyone else having this issue and any ideas on a fix?

Hi Jeddins,
    We've had two other instances of this happening with clients that upgraded from eSignal 8 to 10.1 build 1257. They were able to correct the problem usually one of two ways;
    [list=1][*]Copying the entire list of symbol into an excel spreadsheet, and create a new quote pages and copying the symbols in. This is the easiest and most effective. If you continue to have problem move on to step 2.
    [*]A complete uninstall of the software, [/list=1]
    After the eSignal is uninstalled remove the following files from the C:\Windows Directory

Winsig.ini
    Winros.ini
    Reader.ini

Delete the eSignal folder from the C:\Program File Directory.
    This information is also available at the following URL http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...ticle=1626&p=1

Comment

Thanks for that suggestion. I just remade all my quote screens and I'll see how it works tomorrow.

thanks again.

Comment

Glad we could be of assistance.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

I've tried the making new quote windows fix and moving all your symbols over and I'm still not getting a consistent update of my symbols in the 10.1 Any other suggestions?

Comment

Can you tell us which build of eSignal you're currently using?

Thanks
            AveryH
            eSignal Support

Comment

build 10.1.1291 from July 14 2008

Comment

Try creating a quote window in a different page as this could also be an issue with the page.

Check the Data Manager's Data-->Symbol to confirm the symbols in this list reflect those in the quote window.

Thenl click the Reset DB button to refresh the list of symbols.

Finally, if you have not already done so you may want to try a complete uninstall of eSignal as outlined in my previous post.

AveryH
                eSignal Support

Comment

If I do the uninstall, will I have to recreate all my setup such as quote windows, charts, etc. I use 4 different PC's and that feels a bit ridiculous to have to go through all that.

Comment

Another choice might be to rollback to 8.0. You'll miss out on some new functionality but we had fewer reports of desktop freezing with 8.0. Then, wait for 10.2 and test that version. Our optimization efforts are in full gear so whatever combination of issues are causing the issue on your desktop, hopefully a more optimized 10.2 will resolve it.

To get 8.0
                    http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...ticle=3579&p=1

Listing of files in case you want to manually back-up or move files:
                    http://kb.esignalcentral.com/article...ticle=1530&p=1

Thanks.

Comment

You would have to recreate the pages. But if you still have the excel speadsheets with your symbols from previous troubleshooting it won't be as much of a burden to recreate those quote windows.

Charts- Depending on the complexities of your charts this could be easy or time consuming. Since you've reported no issue with the them you could test the charts by saving a default chart outside of the eSignal folder and once you've done the reinstall, open it up and make it your new default and created new charts from it.

The options of rolling back to version 8 as ScootJ suggestion is viable solution as well.

Just know that we're here to help if you need us, please feel free to contact our Technical Support department for assistance with the reinstall if you need to, or PM your information with a good time to call and we can contact you.

AveryH
                      eSignal Support

Comment

I created a new page and tried that. It seems to be working so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again.

Comment

Well to follow up, creating a new page did not work in the end.

I uninstalled esignal, deleted the files from the window's directory and I'm still getting quote lag.

On top of that, I'm now occasionally getting an error message that says :invalid argument encountered" and then everything stops quoting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Same issues with esignal

Jeddins:
                            I am experiencing the same issues with e-signal.
                            The quotes on the summary window lock up and will not update.
                            If I click on the symbol they will update and work for about 30 seconds -2minutes and stall again.
                            I have been on the phone with e-signal various times and they still do not have a resolution. The problems started with version 10.1
                            There latest explination is because there is a bug with the Market Depth windows and I have them linked to the summary window.
                            They claim thaty this issue is resolved in version 10.2
                            I will post my findings after I install it this evening.

Comment

Same issues with esignal

Jeddins:
                              I am experiencing the same issues with e-signal.
                              The quotes on the summary window lock up and will not update.
                              If I click on the symbol they will update and work for about 30 seconds -2minutes and stall again.
                              I have been on the phone with e-signal various times and they still do not have a resolution. The problems started with version 10.1 I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Deleted and recreated pages and it still does notwork correctly.
                              There latest explination is because there is a bug with the Market Depth windows and I have them linked to the summary window.
                              They claim thaty this issue is resolved in version 10.2
                              I will post my findings after I install it this evening.

Comment

Working...
                              X