Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eSignal 10.1.a DDE links in Excel not working???? HELP!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal 10.1.a DDE links in Excel not working???? HELP!!!!!!!

I upgraded from vers 8 to 10.10.a today. I have several Excel worksheets that have numerous DDE links that worked fine in version 8.

In version 10 when I have the datamanager running as well as charts open when I open one of the worksheets I receive - remote data not accessible error ... start application WINROS.EXE??? - I click yes - and the links won't update - example:

=WINROS|High!'nd #f=2'

What is the problem??????

I guess I got my own answer. It appears I was not told the correct thing by customer support. I've been a long- long- long time (since FM receiver days) real-time subscriber and finally decided that the service and the cost weren't worth it since so much is available elsewhere at significantly lower cost. I was told that OnDemand supported DDE, among other things, so I downgraded to OnDemand - getting my realtime data elsewhere.

Well evidently OnDemand does NOT support DDE linking as I was told - another strike for eSignal :-((

Comment

Sorry about the bad information. You are correct that DDE is not supported via the new OnDemand service, regardless of software version.

This KB article provides a fairly good overview for the new service.

Thanks.

Comment

Yeah, perfect storm issue I guess. I downgraded to onDemand yesterday while still using 8.0. DDE links were working fine onDemand then. Today about midday they were still working, I "upgraded" to 10.1 and voila they no longer worked. So I assumed a 10.1 issue (actually maybe I should "upgrade" back to 8.0 - maybe they'd still work - lol).

Still, very frustrating being a 20+year eSignal customer since FM days and enduring these misques, etc. :-((((((

Comment

Working...
        X