Spread Chart Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spread Chart Problem

I am trying to get a simple HO-CL spread chart, using the following formula HO Q8 - CL U8

however the chart is showing up at - 1227782.

Does anyone know how I can get it to show correctly?

T

Hi Maninjapan,

The number you're getting back from the spread is depended on the Compact Price Display. If you want to see the decimal you would need to go to File-->Preferences and in the second column remove the check mark from the Compact Price Display.

You could also create a custom symbol using the Spread Symbol Settings. This feature allow you to set the decimalization to as minute point our as you would like. Here is an article from the eSignal Knowledge Base you can read about the Spread Symbol Settings.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but when i show the charts up seperately there are no decimals on HO or CL, which is fine. its just that when I do the following formula in Spread settings HO - CL i am getting a massive minus number. Without the decimals the number should be a positive? Or are the decimal prices used in the calculation and just not shown on the chart??

Comment

When you use the Spread Symbol Settings, if you leave the Decimal Formatting as Default it going to use the setting from the File->Preferences which is no decimal.

In the attached screenshot I have set two different formulas,
        Oils- with the decimal format set to 2 places
        Oils2 - Set to default with is No Compact Price Display.
        In the quote Window you'll see what the different in the displays would be. This is also how they will look in your chart.

So if you set the decimal you should get something like -120.xx this is because you're subtracting the price of Light Crude (123.60) from Heating Oil (3.53)

3.53 - 123.60 = -120.07.

If you want the positive you would need to switch your formula around so that Light Crude is your first number.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

Ok, thanks I figured it out. The chart using the default settings didnt show the decimal place but was using it in the calculation.
          I was after an equity spread chart, which I got with decimal formatting at 2 and the following.

( HO U8 * 42000 ) - ( CL U8 * 1000 )

Thanks for your help

Comment

Glad we could help, please let us know if you have any further questions.

AveryH
            eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
            X