Symbol Overflow -- How To Handle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symbol Overflow -- How To Handle?

I am a 500 symbol eSignal subscriber and am in the process of trimming down some large watch lists. I want to understand what happens if I request the 501st symbol data -- I presume there will be an error message and the request would fail. But having asked for 500 symbols, how long do those persist? And how do I change which symbols I am currently collecting updates for? Is a data manager restart required or some other action (or inaction)?

Thanks.

glatiak,

The Data Manager manages your symbol count through entitlements based on username and password. When the symbol limit is breached you'll receive two indications from the Data Manager.

1- eSignal Data Manager Notification (Pop Up Message)
    2 -Troubleshooting Mode of Data Manager Message

How Data Manager Handles Symbols
    When a watch list is open those symbols move into the Data Manager they are counted and data given accordingly. As you remove symbol from the watch list they are also removed from the data manager and vice versa for adding symbols.

When you exceed the 500 Symbol limit you're receive eSignal Data Manager Notification much like the attachement below. Also the DM Troubleshooting Mode will alert you that you've exceed you symbol limit. The Offending symbol will dispay the message NO DATA.

If you open your watchlist with more then the maximum number of symbol already in it. Data Manager will popular all the symbols but one randomly selected symbol will not update in real time with all the other.

Once you have remove the extra symbols the data manager will remove the message. No restart or reboot is required.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
    X